Notices

Today was a touch annoying.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today was a touch annoying.

Today started out great. I began work on my recording studio. During the day my wife goes out and buys a liter of peach shnapps and a box of wine and makes sangria. Ok whatever, I hate peachtree and am not much of winedrinker but WTF? Like when we were at dinner the other night she asked if I minded if she had a beer. I said no as I figured I'm going to have to deal with people drinking and it was fine. Got thru dinner no problem. I just don't get the whole buy all this booze when she knows how important my recovery is to me.
It kind of pisses me off.

THEN one of my friends who I hadn't seen in a while shows up with a 12 pack and I'm like "I don't drink anymore". He was totally cool about it and we had a really good talk about my reasons for quitting. Anyway, he didn't drink while he was with me and took his beer home. That was pretty cool. Still...booze all over the damned place today and all I want is my peace of mind.

In case you're wondering...I didn't drink today. Still sober.

Thx for letting me vent.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you told your wife how you feel Al?

D
Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think we're going to have that convo tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, it would be a good idea to talk to your wife about how you feel, if you haven't already? If she knows how you feel, then maybe you can try to be away from the area in the house where the alcohol is.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like your day wasn't annoying but maybe your wife was. Did you talk to her about this specific incident and your feels. Sounds like she bought a lot, liters and wine boxes are usually for parties or heavy drinkers. Well, keep the faith, we only control our sobriety.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We should start a post about annoying things in recovery, it would be a gigantic list
You did great and you should be proud of yourself, there is nothing harder than your addiction sitting right there in front of your face. Yes talk to your wife, I'm sure she didn't realize the pain it was causing you. It will get easier but it might always be annoying, especially when you have to watch drunks acting crazy, but then you will also be grateful that your are no longer in that circumstance. Good luck to you and again great job sticking to your guns
<3 Stacy
Old 07-30-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My DH asked me some questions last night about addiction because he just didn't understand. It's been over 5 years and this was the first time he's been truly receptive to hearing any of it. It took some time.

The best thing I ever did was get support. People like me. It started in AA/NA but I rely a lot on SR these days as our schedules are full.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stacylove View Post
We should start a post about annoying things in recovery, it would be a gigantic list
You did great and you should be proud of yourself, there is nothing harder than your addiction sitting right there in front of your face. Yes talk to your wife, I'm sure she didn't realize the pain it was causing you. It will get easier but it might always be annoying, especially when you have to watch drunks acting crazy, but then you will also be grateful that your are no longer in that circumstance. Good luck to you and again great job sticking to your guns
<3 Stacy
Yeah it wasn't so much like holy sh!T!!! I'm gonna relapse, it was more like a respect thing I guess. Like if the roles were reversed I can say with a 100% certainty I'd have the courtesy to not do that kind of thing. Especially so early in the game. Insult to injury: She went out with one of her "drinking buddy" friends and is getting trashed as I type this. It's just a crappy thing to have to contend with at this point.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

I often test those I love. Ya gotta talk to her
She is the one who can reveal her motives and fears. Best wishes on the talk and your contiinued sober path!

Last edited by sugarbear1; 07-30-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: forgot a "d"
Old 07-30-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

oooh yeah that is adding insult to injury, sorry to hear that. AND you have to sit at home thinking about it At least you have all of us fellow clean and sober SR friends to partay with Hang in there, you are doing great!