Notices

6 weeks now

Old 07-30-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 weeks now

It's been 6 weeks now, since my last binge drinking. No big deal on my end. I've seen seen many of them this year. Last year, 6 weeks would never be in the picture so I'm glad I can hit 6 weeks without any problems or struggle.

A few things I will be seeing soon is my job will be gone maybe as short as next Friday. Going to court for my second DUI and debt issues with student loans and credit card. So finding a new job is something that needs to be on top of my list. After all of this, my craving for alcohol is not really there.

It's funny that last year, I would crave for alcohol for any reason under the sun. Now, it comes to time and completely random/boredom. Which is something good that I hit because the any reason to drink would have kill me in 10 years from now. The random/boredom thing is something I can live with. I only wish I just don't go in to these binge drinking cycle because that's what I really hit but if I do cave in and drink, I will be using food to stop the drink when the next day comes. Just hope that does not come about in a long time.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Somedays never have to come nor binging again and every day sober is a big deal.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 6 weeks act10n

D
Old 07-30-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

And good luck with your court date.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow!

Congratulations and great job. To me, every day sober is like a rubber band stretching, hoping that one day it doesn't break. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think how nice it would be to have a glass of MDC. But I don't.

And I mean "great job" because I know how hard it is.

Good luck on the DUI and I am sorry to hear about your job situation. But remember this, you'll have a better chance finding a new job and confidence, than drunk and anxious.