Notices

Glad to finally be here for real this time!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Glad to finally be here for real this time!

Just wanted to say hello to every one, and tell you all that not every one posts, and what you say on here really helps for us "lurkers"
I have been sober since 7-18-11 after 4 years of hard drinking (wow that was hard to say) and lots of bad depressing experiences. Rum was my poison, 6 shots a night with diet coke every night at 7pm till pass out in bed. I am a sheltered girl and no one knew I was drinking except my teen.

I dont have any good friends because I would go to work on time, come home, socialize with my kid for a few hours, drink, sleep, repeat. This is all very hard for me to say, as I look at what I just wrote and say what a loser!

I confessed to my Dr and she said I would not qualify for a liver transplant if something were wrong with my liver.

COLD TURKEY

I am having nightmares now but I go out doors, became a team player at work, and enjoy the night sky now. Who knew?

I have been lying to myself the last four years and now maybe I will make some friends, maybe meet someone, and definitely stop doing drunk posts to my 187 friends on facebook

Sorry for the long post, may go to my 1st AA meeting tonight. I will see how I feel, its Saturday night!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On my way....

Great job on quitting, you will never regret it, it may be tough at times but it is totally worth the self-respect you'll get back. Stick with us, keep posting....you'll find tons of support here at SR!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!

It's a good idea to go to an AA meeting. You will meet people which will help you deal with the isolation and you will also learn about a program of recovery.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A Carolina welcome to SR.
Admitting to myself that I had a drinking problem was one of the most difficult steps for me.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. It sounds like you're on a good path with hope for the future. There will be tough times, especially at the beginning but stay the course. We are here for you.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Raleigh! I'm so glad you decided to post. Good for you in coming clean to your Doctor. Congrats on your sober time.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome!

Well done on your sober time and on being so honest with your Dr. I know how scary and hard that is xx
Old 07-30-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks so much every one!

I think I am going to the AA meeting tonight, just to check it out. So many stories I have read on here are so much like my own ( which surprised me) I used to think alcoholics were stumbling out of bars, making a scene and just generally easy to spot. Nothing like looking in the mirror.

I am going to read more and surf posts to lend support where I can, and to get some too (hugs)
Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Welcome, kiddo! Let us know how your first meeting goes.

Much love!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Welcome, and congrats on your sober time! Glad you decided to post, it took me quite some time after I quit before I posted to this forum for the first time. Keep reading, keep postiong if you want to, and I hope you can find some support here I think it's great that you told your Dr. about yur problems and that you are open to the thought of going too meetings. If you're going, tell us how it went.
Peace, Lionne
Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Hey! I may see you there, so say hello and tell me your name (I'm not good with names). Tell me you're new so I can tell you what worked for me. I was new, too, and I remember my first meeting, the loneliness, and the pain. Welcome home!!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm crying. Who knew.