Notices

Caffeine...a trigger to drink

Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I love my ice coffee in the morning, but find I need to do that only a few times a week. Ice tea is working better for me these days. Also, a mix of water,cranberry, a little 7up for bubbles (my new drink of choice).

It's hard to cut back on everything you like! Maybe slowly cut back on the coffee each week so it's not as drastic? I'm finding no alcohol is creating huge sugar cravings-is that common?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

Alcohol is another sugar and my body wants to replace what's "lost." The sweets at meetings have been hard to resist. Then I baked peanut butter oatmeal cookies so I brought most, not all, to a meeting. The rezt, I ate. Ice cream was a nightly overindulgence. Oops. Now, time for Moderation!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Sorry boys but I suffer from PMDD before my period an extreme case of PMS. I go into deep depressions, I crave alcohol, sugar, carbs and caffeine right before. Drinking is even worse during this time. Thats what happened to me yesterday. I read that caffeine, alcohol and sugar make the symptoms worse so I have to cut them all out. I am in the health food, I studied nutrition I know this stuff. I turn into a right nut job during this time but my actions are making it worse. I didnt have any alcohol or sugar today I just made somme pasta but carbs are good especially for energy if you work out your body needs them to turn into glucose but just got to be careful about what kinds of carbs you are putting into your body bc simple sugars awill spike your blood pressure and you will then crash.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Caffeine is one of my big stress triggers.

And we all know what happens when you get stressed! You're more likely to crave a drink to put out the fire inside.

I've basically tried to halve my caffeine consumption and it seems to be working. I have an energy boost without so much of the nervousness.

I don't believe in cutting everything 'bad' out. Except alcohol.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

my pmdd is not so bad without alcohol but lots of pain..could be beginning of menopause...not so cranky, yet! #3 , we shall see! Not fixing typos. Pb on white bread & skim milk...nap time (reading "Illumination" a novel-should be a movie)