Notices

3 Weeks Sober Tomorrow, Experiencing Some Mental Confusion

Old 07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Weeks Sober Tomorrow, Experiencing Some Mental Confusion

I will be 3 weeks sober tomorrow. The past 2 days and especially today, I have had some mental confusion, i.e. while driving I almost forgot how to drive. Or just feeling kinda out of it and punchy. Is this normal and is is all part of my body detoxing??
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm no expert except for my experiences and those I hear about and I'd say yes, some mental confusion is normal. Your brains been reprogramming itself, along with your liver, etc. to deal as effectively as possible with liquor intake. After withdrawal which actually lasts well after we're consious of it, those organs are trying to sort out what's going on--needing to reprogram once again for another change in the game. Like spinning around and around with eyes closed, when you stop spinning and open your eyes its going to take your brain awhile to catch up. You're no longer spinning but your brain feels like it is. Things should even out with time.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BunnyLoves View Post
I will be 3 weeks sober tomorrow. The past 2 days and especially today, I have had some mental confusion, i.e. while driving I almost forgot how to drive. Or just feeling kinda out of it and punchy. Is this normal and is is all part of my body detoxing??
Funny you should mention that. I was just telling my friend that I got a sponsor and I couldn't for the life of me remember the word sponsor. Pretty darn scary. I am almost at 3 weeks. Hang it there. I hear it gets better.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's normal - at least it was for me Bunny.

Wait til age gets you - I've been sober 4 years and left the kitchen tap running into a plugged sink the other day lol

D
Old 07-29-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it's normal - at least it was for me Bunny.

Wait til age gets you - I've been sober 4 years and left the kitchen tap running into a plugged sink the other day lol

D
:rotfxko