Notices

worried

Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worried

Hello, I Haven't had any alcohol since June 24. I have stomach issues and doctor did blood test/ultrasound and both came back normal. The doctor diagnosed me with gastritis. Has anyone ever had this stomach problem and if so how long did it take to cure? He put me on a ppi and have been on it for about 2 weeks. I read online that blood-work/ultrasound can be normal but have liver damage and this scares the crap out of me. I told him I drank allot in the past but he seems to think with lab results everything fine w liver. I am driving my wife crazy with this anxiety
Old 07-29-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I also have gastritis and PUD from drinking. If your blood levels are okay and your doctor confirms this then you should take his advice. Most symptoms of liver damage occur in the later stages of the disease. I am sorry that you are going through all of this. I used to have severe pain in my upper abdomen (where the liver is) and since I have stopped drinking, it has gone away. The liver is an amazingly resilient organ. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Also...congrats on the sober time!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have gastritis. It is just an inflammation of the stomach lining. It takes a bit of time to heal. I am not giving you medical advice but elevated liver enzymes in the blood work and an enlarged, fatty liver is an indication your liver is in trouble. If you do not have those, you should be fine. If you are that worried, call your doctor and speak to him about your concerns. I am fortunate my results came back ok. Try to relax
Old 06-25-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ajangel View Post
I have gastritis. It is just an inflammation of the stomach lining. It takes a bit of time to heal. I am not giving you medical advice but elevated liver enzymes in the blood work and an enlarged, fatty liver is an indication your liver is in trouble. If you do not have those, you should be fine. If you are that worried, call your doctor and speak to him about your concerns. I am fortunate my results came back ok. Try to relax
What sort of trouble is this?