Notices

The Melting Pot

Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Melting Pot

As put in the Class of June 2011 -

You know, it just makes me smile the variety of people we have in our "family". We have men, women, young, and not so young any more (dang), parents, grandparents, gay, straight, from far off lands (Spain, Australia, UK, etc. or if you are from over there, the U.S.A., Canada), married, divorced, with dogs, with cats, city people, country bumpkins...the list goes on. And it is so beautiful to me that we all contribute to this family we have going. Good times, bad times. A simple "hope you are okay" or a long winded post to say how your day was, how your life is going, or just to root on the others. This is beyond fantastic to me. I'm not into facebook, tweeting texting, and yes, I still have a land line. I don't even have satellite for TV - we still use an antennae (shows you how much I watch TV). But, this part of technology to be able to connect with so many different, wonderful people that are on the same journey is really awesome.

Glad to be a part of this melting pot - it shows that every one can get along and strive to attain the same goal.

Welcome to all the newbies that keep arriving, and thank you to all the mentors. Hugs to every one here - thank you for helping me to achieve 36 days!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On my way....

Congrats on 36 days!!!!!

You said it perfectly, I love this place and all the people in it, my brothers and sisters of sobriety, as different as we all are, we have the same common goal.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for that beautiful post Buelah. I have thought of that before. Congrats on day 36. Keep up the good work
Old 07-29-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Big Congratulations Buelah! 36 days is terrific. Loved your post. Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on over a month sober! Well done.

-SD
Old 07-29-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

congrats on 36 days, and thanks for this post. Enjoy a great sober day!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 36 days, Buelah! I'm glad to be part of the June class with you
Old 07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice post, thanks. And thanks for including me in the not so young anymore. I would exclude the dang, however. I have no desire to be younger or grow younger. Age has its history and perspective and I think it has given me a foothold on sobriety and recovery I seemed to be lacking in my younger years.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

MycoolFitz...I do feel better in my 40's sober than I ever did in my late 20's and 30's drinking. Even with the little bit of arthiritis kicking in, I wouldn't trade what I did to myself in those years. Had some great times, but greater times ahead!
Hugs to every one!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 36 days.