Notices

New and trying

Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and trying

Hi-

I'm a newbie to the forum. THanks for all the stories and hope. I'm in the earliest stages possible of quiting my addiction to oxy and hydros. Pretty alone in this endeavor, but I'm trying to take the first step, albeit a micro-baby step. I haven't quit yet, but want to start forming a plan. So I guess all I'm doing is trying to start planning how to make a plan. That's a round about way of saying I'm wanting to stop and not sure how. I'm going to keep reading and hopefully find a way to combat this beast I can't seem to shake.

Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Creeklover and welcome, you are in the right place there is plenty of great advice and support here.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm a wino, don't know about pills. Take a look at our substance abuse forum for lots of info and support.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 07-28-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. I have a long way to go, a long way to even start something positive. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Creeklover View Post
I'm in the earliest stages possible of quiting my addiction to oxy and hydros. Pretty alone in this endeavor, but I'm trying to take the first step, albeit a micro-baby step. I haven't quit yet, but want to start forming a plan. So I guess all I'm doing is trying to start planning how to make a plan. That's a round about way of saying I'm wanting to stop and not sure how.
The diving board never gets any closer to the water - until you jump. It will never be easier to quit than today, and the decision will be no easier tomorrow.