Notices

Laziness

Old 07-28-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Laziness

Today is day 17. I am generally a very energetic, nervous person. I can't seem to get motivated. All my thoughts are consumed with recovery and AA. I spend any spare time I have either on SR, on the computer, on the phone or eating. I am starving all the time. My new job starts on August 8. I am hoping my energy level will be up by then. I feel so lazy. I have a membership to the gym but I have only gone once. Normally, I would go as much as I could and spend hours there. I am just too tired. I have been getting up every morning for the last 5 days between 3:30-4:30. I just can't break that cycle. I feel like I could sleep for days but when I lay down, my mind is non stop. I have always been that way but at least I could shut down some time. I know it is going to get better. I am so happy to be sober right now. Laying around isn't helping matters. I just need to force myself to get up and get moving.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes my emotions keep me unmotivated. I guess I mean that laziness could just be mental. If I told you.....You just won the lottery, would you motivate?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
Sometimes my emotions keep me unmotivated. I guess I mean that laziness could just be mental. If I told you.....You just won the lottery, would you motivate?
LMAO! Thanks for the laugh this morning. I needed that:rotfxko

The answer to your question? You're damn skippy!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am the same way, go for a walk, go for a run, get some good vitamins, plan your day on paper the night before and you will shake your laziness in no time!

Great job on 17 days!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok here is my plan. I am going to take my background and drug test from my new job, hopefully make it in time for an AA meeting, then off to the gym to burn off some of these extra calories I consumed. It is not like winning the lottery but its a start.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Glad you're getting to the gym, I was just going to ask you if you exercise.. it can be so therapeutic! So can being outdoors (depending on the weather!). I find that slow walks outside really center me and clear my head when I'm feeling down or anxious.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hiya lpnangel,

Don't worry about laziness right now, you will come back around. As long as you're staying clean and sober, who cares??? ya? Besides BOLO (be on the look out/old work term) for insomnia!!! Once insomnia kicks in, you long for the days of laziness. Your body is still detoxing and it takes time, you will be running the marathon in no time
Old 07-28-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stacylove is right on, take some time to take care of yourself. If you were in rehab you would have thirty days to recover which would include rest, nourishment, education and therapy. At about the third week you might feel the fog lift and have more energy. Keep going, sounds like you are on the right track.
SH