Notices

New to Recovery

Old 07-25-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to Recovery

I am a newcomer and have been reading all the threads. Everyone seem incredibly kind and caring. I have been having a few really bad days, so I can really use this site. Alcohol has gotten the best of me for the last 5 days. Need to get sober by tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. The best people I have ever met I've met in rehab, recovery rooms, SR. It must be all the pent up goodness we kept capped up for years.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome aidadeb! Alcohol will get the best of anyone, when used in excess. Keep posting and let us know how your doing.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR aidadeb

you'll find a ton of support here - SR helped me turn my life around

D
Old 07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to our recovery family.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome.
Many of us here have found sobriety in diffferent ways.I hope you find something that works for you. It can be done!

Best to you.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. Hope you can use this forum as a basis for support whenever you need it.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Mycoolfitz, Opivotal and Dee74. Thank you for the warm welcome. I didn't feel that I wanted to go to AA, so I thought this was a good alternative. Everyone seems very supportive. I have been drinking heavy for the last 5 days and need to be sober by tomorrow for work. If any of you have words of wisdom, please tell me.
Mycoolfitz, I am going to try some herbal medicine for my drinking and meditation. Since you are a Buddist any thing I should try?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Least, Ghostlight and Endlesspatience...Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am hoping that this site will help
Old 07-25-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can't give medical advice I think you should check with your doctor. If you've been drinking alot detox can be serious--my last couple were. I do take 200mg of 5HTP every morning but get your self checked out. After safe detox, meditation and spirituality along with the support of others can be wonderful tools--also a nutitient rich diet and exercise. Kind of holistic. My best to you.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What is 5HTP? I have been told that there is an herb called daidzin that has been used in China forever. I plan on meditating and trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Thanks for your advice!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

daidzin is a derivatine of kudzo plant or soybean and has been used in animal studies of alcohol treatment, I haven't tried it. Seratonin is one of the brain's mood elevators. 5HTP is said to enhance seratonin levels through increasing tryptophan in the body. I'll be glad to discuss meditation and diet type stuff after you detox. Feel free to instant message me. There are a lot of great people on SR that are always helpful and have helped me.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Fitz, Thanks for the info. I would really appreciate any info or advice after I have detoxed. I don't know how to instant message or add a new post. I am having a little trouble navigating around this site. If you could explain how to do these I would really appreciate it. Thanks much!