Notices

Celebrity rehab with dr.drew

Old 07-25-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Celebrity rehab with dr.drew

Anyone here a fan of the show? I am a faithful watcher, even back when I would watch it with a big bottle of wine next to me. This season is really good, it just started, so if anyone wants to watch it, it's on Sundays at 8, and a newer episode follows right after at 9. It is on VH1. So glad to have a show like this to watch, it is really helpful and fun, too.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do like thiis show- it helps when you can identify with them and use some of the advice that they get
Old 07-25-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

@JennaRose that's exactly why I watch it. If you can weave through all the drama, when Dr. Drew and the other counselors talk, I really pay attention!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by BunnyLoves View Post
[I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]Anyone here a fan of the show?
I watched the show a couple of times and have to give the guy credit. He is taking on some tough customers that have way to much money to hit bottom before it gets lethal.

That being said, he is using logic and reason to deal with an affliction that often defies logic and reason. I would like it better if he told people right up front - sometimes it takes a spiritual experience to fight a spiritual malady.

P.S. for all those pursuing secular recovery, note the word "sometimes" before you flame me.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BunnyLoves View Post
If you can weave through all the drama, when Dr. Drew and the other counselors talk, I really pay attention!
I also wish Dr. Drew and the counselors got more air time, and some of the celebrity antics were cut out. But I imagine the "normie" general public watches for the antics.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love the show.
It reassures me to see that there are others out there like me and that these private, secret problems of mine exist in others too.
Its very important that the normies out there learn about addiction. Maybe some day there will be less of a stigma about us coming forward and and asking them for their help in making us better.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love this show...been a fan since season 1. Unfortunatly not all clients make it. Mike Starr and the actor from Grease. Not sure what they died from but I assume either suicide or O.D.
Don't know how much support I get from it but it sure is entertaining.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know, it's so sad about Mike and Jeff. I think they really wanted sobriety, it just was too hard for them