Notices

So stressed

Old 07-25-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So stressed

I have been job hunting for the last 5 days with no luck. I have a 2 hour job interview today and I am so stressed. I am trying to be positive and give it to my HP but it is really hard. I am starting to get discouraged. I hope that if I don't get this job, I wont want to run to the liquor store and drown my problems. I did this to myself with my drinking. I want to get back to work and move on to a normal sober life. Just needed to vent a bit. Wish me luck
Old 07-25-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck on your interview. Also, remember we don't drink no matter what! Don't give in to those tempting thoughts. You may be priming yourself to drink with or without the job! If you don't get this job, you are far more employable not drinking for the next opportunity.

Don't listen to the 'Lower Power'. It's trying to trick you. Good luck!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't want to drink. I feel good. Today is day 13. I am just so stress. I don't want to give up.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On my way....

I want to wish you the best of luck in your interview today!

If you don't get this job, you are far more employable not drinking for the next opportunity.
This is true, keep your head up! Let us know how everything went.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Edwardm

Good luck

Good luck on the interview, try to relax, take some deep breaths, you will do fine. Don't worry about tomorrow, focus on today.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there. No matter what happens please don't give up on your sobriety. Sending prayers your way.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending positive thoughts your way Ipnangel. Job or no job drinking is not the answer. I sure understand the stress factor. It's perfectly normal IMO. I would be nervous too. Try to stay in the moment and keep busy until the interview. As Edward suggested, focus on today, and rock that interview!!

:ghug3

Best Wishes To You!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have an interview! That is so awesome! Isn't it silly how we can get stressed out when we get what we want? I wish you the very best of luck during your interview. We are all here for you and wishing the best for you
Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wish you the best for your interview today, lpangel!

It's very stressful. I was taking the stress in with me to the interviews and it affecting my chances. It's easy to say just let go of the stress. I know how hard it is to actually do. It helped me to realize that I'm a work in progress and each interview is practice. I tried not to be so invested. A natural confidence appeared. I was actually surprised when I got an offer.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck on the interview!!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Good luck to you! Like others have said, your sobriety is too important, don't set yourself up for relapse.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Breathe, lpn, breathe!

All anyone can do is put their best foot forward - one foot in front of the other.

Remember we have no control over people, places and things. Today you are a sober person, which is not the same person you were 13 days ago. And regardless of the outcome, you will be a sober person tonight and tomorrow.

If you get the job, fantastic! If you don't, trust that there is another opportunity behind this one, and it is in patiently doing the legwork that gets you where you want to be. Sobriety first!

Your defining moment is how you deal with either the elation of a new job or the disappointment of not getting this one. It is not the job itself.

To quote Kipling, "To meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same".

You will be fine either way it goes.

Good luck....let us know how it goes.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just got back from my 2 hour interview. She seemed interested. Said that she was. However, she had other candidates to interview. We shall see. Off tomorrow morning for more applications. I wasn't nervous. I was confident. I do not feel so stressed out that I want to take a drink. No cravings. Yay me!