Notices

+++So Depressed about Amy Winehouse+++

Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think nows the time to reach out R - not to retreat.
I hope you will reach out

D
Old 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

I am sorry to return to this forum like this. It seems like I only come here in times of sorrow and am sorry for that. I wish I could better be there for everyone. Anyway, I had a glass of wine and a half but I am done. I don't know how I stopped myself. I am surprised I have had that much self-control today... Maybe I don't have that bad of a problem. Anyway, thank you for your words D.

To update (sorry to be selfish, but I am only writing about myself in this thread, not other ones. I don't want people to think I only care about myself), I haven't really quit drinking too much. The last time I drank, though, wasn't that great. I drank too much at a hot tub party and ended up blacking out most of it. I yelled at my boyfriend and cried about not getting invited somewhere from a friend. I really embarrassed myself. I am supposed to stop for awhile because of my boyfriend's surgery. He can't drink so I said I wouldn't, either.

Just feeling down.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

Get to a meeting with an open mind. Drinking AND on meds is not good.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stopped R.

I hope you'll check in here a little more....any support, anything that can maybe help us break the endless cycle, is good I think

D
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi B2B.

I am a big fan of Amy Winehouse...I also identified with her and watching her sad spiral further into addiction certainly helped me realize that there is nothing beautiful about drugs, and make no mistake, alcohol is a drug.

The greatest tribute you can do to Amy is to do what she could not. Get Sober.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I agree with LF that would be an awesome tribute. Getting lost in addiction over the death of someone who died because of their addiction just doesn't make sense.

Please get help if you can't do it for yourself do it for all the people who would mourn you if they lost you.

Peace & blessings
Old 07-26-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

I am sorry to return to this forum like this. It seems like I only come here in times of sorrow and am sorry for that. I wish I could better be there for everyone.
...sorry to be selfish
Hey, please try to stop feeling guilty about that. Don't be too hard on yourself.
You don't need to apologise for feeling down and wanting/needing to talk to somebody when you are having a rough time. It's absolutely ok, in fact I think it's good that you reach out now. And there's a lot of people that won't judge and will support you.
I tend to agree with Dee, maybe some irl support could be a good thing for you.
Hugs (if you're ok with it )
Lionne
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Just wanted to stop by and say I hope you are doing better today?

I read your earlier post about you feeling bad about coming on here please don't I for one was grateful to read your post.

So please keep coming back we all need each other
Old 07-26-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Hi B2B.

I am a big fan of Amy Winehouse...I also identified with her and watching her sad spiral further into addiction certainly helped me realize that there is nothing beautiful about drugs, and make no mistake, alcohol is a drug.

The greatest tribute you can do to Amy is to do what she could not. Get Sober.
LaFemme said it all. "The greatest tribute you can do to Amy is to do what she could not. Get Sober "

Being able to stop after one and half glass is a great victory for today. But for how Long ? One may not be able to do the same in future. Alcohol's job is to demand and make you crave for more Alcohol. This is a potion and this potion does its job very well, till one is dead.

Really sorry for being very blunt when you are feeling down. ALCOHOL WILL NOT BRING AMY BACK for YOU. Alcohol WILL CHANGE YOUR PERCEPTION OF REALITY, NOT THE REALITY.

Newborn