SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/232453-new-here.html)

Alec77 07-24-2011 03:44 AM

New here

Hi my name is Alec and I am an alcoholic/addict. I have been drinking and drugging for over 20 years. I have had enough. I am so shaky I can barely type this. I messed up my first attempt at registering because I can't remember my email account password. I feel like I am going insane. I have 6 hours of sobriety I really hope I can get sober for life. I hope everyone has a great day.

Paddyb 07-24-2011 04:00 AM

Hi Alec,

May i suggest to see a doc first, and stop under medical supervision

Paddy

Alec77 07-24-2011 04:01 AM

I think I will Paddy, this is bad real bad.

Paddyb 07-24-2011 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Alec77 (Post 3045421)

Alec, there is a link (some 1 help me out here) about the stories of people going cold turkey from Alcohol, it really helped me and found that when all seem so bad, it does get better, if its that bad, can you not get to Hospital A&E?

Paddyb 07-24-2011 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Alec77 (Post 3045421)

Hi Alec found the link

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

SSIL75 07-24-2011 04:16 AM

Welcome Alec!

Alec77 07-24-2011 04:22 AM

Thanks guys. I have my brother coming to get me. The sheer amount of booze and drugs I have taken over the years is mind blowing. I can't do this without a Dr. for now. I will work on the long term after this hell is over. I never want to go through this again.

Paddyb 07-24-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Alec77 (Post 3045428)
Thanks guys. I have my brother coming to get me. The sheer amount of booze and drugs I have taken over the years is mind blowing. I can't do this without a Dr. for now. I will work on the long term after this hell is over. I never want to go through this again.

I really wish you well my friend

FNW 07-24-2011 04:37 AM

You'll find awesome support here. Best of luck on your new journey!

ajangel 07-24-2011 04:50 AM

I am glad your brother is coming to get you. You really need to get out of that abusive situation. Seeing a doctor to detox is the best thing you can do. You CAN do this. Try and surround yourself with people that love and care about you. You are worthy. Your ex is a coward. If you would have stayed, the abuse would have gotten worse. Believe me. He may try to get you back. Calling and telling you he is sorry. He wont do it again. When that fails, he may tell you that you cannot make it on your own. Keep moving forward. It is obvious you want help and you want to quit. You are not alone. This site has so many people that are in or have been in the same situation that you are. It is like a family here. Good luck love. Prayers for you.

ajangel 07-24-2011 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by lpnangel (Post 3045443)
I am glad your brother is coming to get you. You really need to get out of that abusive situation. Seeing a doctor to detox is the best thing you can do. You CAN do this. Try and surround yourself with people that love and care about you. You are worthy. Your ex is a coward. If you would have stayed, the abuse would have gotten worse. Believe me. He may try to get you back. Calling and telling you he is sorry. He wont do it again. When that fails, he may tell you that you cannot make it on your own. Keep moving forward. It is obvious you want help and you want to quit. You are not alone. This site has so many people that are in or have been in the same situation that you are. It is like a family here. Good luck love. Prayers for you.

I am so sorry. I read several posts this morning and posted this under the wrong person. Not enough sleep I guess. Please keep coming back to this site. It has been a life saver to me

Zebra1275 07-24-2011 05:49 AM

Welcome! As bad as you feel right now, the good news is you don't ever have to feel this way again. I'm glad you are getting medical assistance with your detox.

TenYearsGone 07-24-2011 06:22 AM

Welcome Alec! So glad you are seeing a doctor & that you have your brother to help support you...now you have this wonderful community, too! You can do this, I wish you all the very best!!

nandm 07-24-2011 10:00 AM

Welcome to SR

raindancer11 07-24-2011 10:05 AM

Welcome Alec! Yes, you never have to go through this again. Hope to hear from you soon.

recoverywfaith 07-24-2011 10:16 AM

:welcome ...please take care.

CarolD 07-24-2011 10:29 AM

Welcome...:wave:

Good to know you are getting help....that is really wise.

Dee74 07-24-2011 02:23 PM

Welcome Alec :)
I hope you'll check in and let us know how you're doing :)

D

ACT10Npack 07-24-2011 02:26 PM

Good to see your taking the first types of recovery. Have you thought about DETOX?

least 07-24-2011 02:27 PM

Please let us know how you are doing. Medical supervision is a good idea for a safe and more comfortable withdrawal.:hug: