Notices

I want, I want, I want

Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want, I want, I want

I want some kind of normalcy. I want no more drama in my life. I want to get back to work and make a difference in someones life. I want to go to AA twice a day. I want my mind back. I want my relationships back. I want to stop hiding from my problems in a bottle. I want my girls to be proud of me. I want to get rid of this shame I have. I want to strengthen my relationship with my God. I want to quit smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day because I am a nervous wreck. I just want peace. That's all, peace. With God's help, I will. Thanks for reading. Love to all
Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs and support to you..stay strong today.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Eat that elephant one little bite at a time. Now I embrace having to learn patience. I'm learning that what I want is viable, but not likely to have overnight. Frustating? You betcha!! It'll be worth it when we do get those things, no doubt!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Be careful what you wish for . . . you might get it!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It hasn't been a bad day. I am just ready for the old me to come back. Hurry up and wait. I hate being an alcoholic and losing control over my life.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ipangel how many days sober? It sounds as if you have a program, so you know all about the time and patientence. that it takes to work the steps and live a sober life. I know the wait thing bothers me. I want so much right now! I am working my 3rd step right now, so I am getting many lessons on turning things over. I do understand fustration in recovery. Of course I never felt much frustration when I was drinking. Maybe it is the new fellings that are being flipped through your being. Just letting you know that you're not alone. (())s the lush
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I often think the greatest lesson I got from my recovery is patience LOL

I was so used to instant gratification - it was really useful and worthwhile for me to work at something and to have to wait on the results as my mind and body healed.

Once upon a time I would have thought of learning something from waiting as perverse

D
Old 07-22-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I learned on my way:
it is the journey on getting to a point that should be enjoyed, not so much the endpoint and second be careful what you wish for....