Notices

Guilty Dreams!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Guilty Dreams!!!

Last night I dreamt I was helping out at a big dinner function and I was clearing tables. I took a tray to the kitchen and then without thinking drained the dregs from a white wine glass.

Then I started to panic in my dream, OH NO, I've got to fess up on SR, I dont believe I did that, OH NO back to Day 1 for me! WHY did YOU do that? I was so angry with myself. I just did it without thinking.

Can you imagine my relief when I woke myself up in panic and all was well?

The psyche works even in slumber!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I used to have those dreams during earlier stints at sobriety, they were really terrible. This time (and the last time) day 63 and no drinking dreams at all. Not sure why but I ain't missing them.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have similar dreams as well. They seem so real- then I wake up in a sweat and it takes me a minute to clue back in. Keep on trucking, it only gets better
Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't think I've ever had a drinking dream. And that's really odd I think. Or maybe I have and just don't remember it... Last night I dreamt about clothes and jewelry from Etsy all night... but that's because I stayed up until 2 or 3 in the morning looking at them
Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
I wouldn't worry about drinking dreams too much. It is a sign that you are not giving in when you are awake, so your mind can only resort to showing you images when you are comatose. Besides, dreams are dreams. You can dream about winning the lottery, for example, but that doesn't mean that it will come to pass.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i have a friend sober for over 25 years, and he STILL has an occasional drinking dream. so it's ok, they just happen ... hugs, k
Old 07-22-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had them for a while and they really scared me. But I did not give in and I am in my 6th month now. you can do it too
Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a pretty common thing ER.

I had them quite a bit for a while, but I treated them the same as I do any dream - 'well that was weird...huh' - and got on with my life

D