Notices

Is this real?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The first couple days on my road to recovery were full of doubt. All of the feedback on this thread was so helpful. I have so much gratitude this very moment. Thank you all who have responded and I hope any newbies might read this thread and find their way through any of their doubts as to whether they truly have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

Who posted something like: "once pickled you never go back to being a cucumber"? Ha!!!

The key for me was to let go of labels. Just get down to the knitty gritty. I am powerless over alcohol and it's slowly taking over my life.

Today is day 7 for me and I feel so damn awesome!!! Thank you guys so very much
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Awesome job on day 7. It gets better every day.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
TenYearsGone

I think alcoholism/addiction can be a little different for everyone. I know I have a drinking problem even though I don't drink alone or during the week. In certain social situations, I am an alcoholic.
Pain is a big motivator for me. I don't like it, I don't like to do things that will lead to suffering or pain. That's why I quit smoking cigarettes so easily & part of why I have given up the drink. I feel like I should nip it in the bud before it gets totally out of control.
Congratulations on day 7, it feels great to know you have power over your own life & the choices you make, doesn't it? You're doing a great thing for yourself!