Notices

fought the urge

Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fought the urge

I just had a ****** emotional day. I was thinking about going to the liquor store. They know me and are so nice!!! But I went home instead. Even though my kids are driving me crazy I still stayed home. I don't even know why. I just am. Pretty soon it will be bed time and I'll wake up without regret and ready to start day 3. It's been at least 3 years since I've made it more than 2 weeks.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe you stayed home because you decided not to drink? Good choice.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When you wake up tomorrow morning, you will be glad you stayed home. Hang in there. It's tough but well worth it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations Symmetry!
You are going to be super proud of yourself that you went on to day 3 with no drink. And then soon it will be day 4, then day 12, so on and so forth. Great job!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know. It's beautiful and difficult...but even more difficult to suffer with bad health problems and so on...I feel totally normal right now. I'm glad for this site.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This site has helped me as well, tomorrow is Day 5 for me. I keep refreshing this page every 20 minutes to see if anyone else has posted with more tips and advice.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yes, very helpful. I'm tired of hating myself or of feeling like a sick failure. I just try to remember the times I've made it for a week or longer and how proud I was and that I was in control. I love myself and I am worthy of this life. I do not want to waste good memories and experiences on alcohol. We only have this one life in this one body.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On my way....

Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
It's beautiful and difficult...
Beautiful.......that's exactly how I felt today.......even though, at times today, I was a little...okay, very grouchy or down....I almost smiled to myself, because as bad I felt (which wasn't that bad at all in the scheme of things) I KNEW that the choice I am making is the right choice. The choice I will be proud of tomorrow, I know that come tomorrow morning I will wake up with another sober day under my belt.

So when the toughest times come, think about how good you feel about yourself, how proud you are (try to even smile, it might look weird to others, but who cares, when have we ever been "normal"! hehe)....you will NEVER regret being sober when it's all said and done.

Good for you for making the right choice!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice job! I noticed that when I was truly ready to quit, I started making all kinds of responsible choices. I didn't even recognize myself. I'm just starting to clean up after the irresponsible me but it's much easier doing it sober.