Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

A long term, updated thread on how I will recover - Save my drink money & fix my bike

Notices

A long term, updated thread on how I will recover - Save my drink money & fix my bike

Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

I thought about this yesterday...I need something to focus on to stop me drinking.

I need to fix my mtorbike, it got a lot of damage (From other people, nothing to do with drinking. I was in a bad place in Ireland )

Anyway....

I need quite a lot of money for this, but I also know that my bike would have been fixed by now from the money I spent on drink.

Soooooooo....my focus to stop is on the money I will save that I would have spent on drink...I can work on the bike part by part using the money I am saving by not drinking.

I will post pics here - Right now I only have my fuel tank that I am working on and respraying - I can't even afford to get my bike moved around 1km with someone with a trailor

It's an amazing bike. I will post on this thread and Im hoping it will be something I can look back on when I am sober and see just how good my life has changed.

My bike kept me off drink before...I need something...instead of drinking, I would go out for rides for hours just around the city, I didn't need drink.

That was the last time I stopped.

I have a list of things that it needs and prices, I will post them tomorrow along with how much money I would have spent on drink and show just what I have achieved working on my bike with my drink money

(I hope)

AA Tonight...First Time (If I can find where it is!!!)

Hopefully I will look back at this thread when my bike is complete and see just what I have achieved
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck tonight **

D
Old 07-21-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Wow what a great plan , i love bikes but i have never been on one i just love to look at them.
Am glad you have something to focus your time on

Ella