Notices

Hi, "Pickle" I just turned 20. I'm new

Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Sr, I'm "Pickle" I just turned 20. I'm new

Anyways, I'm to new "Sr" My personal trigger for substance abuse is boredom and depression/anxiety.. Ive been through the with drawls.. It's just my parents have found about my habit and keep me on lockdown.. Ive been stuck in my house for 2 weeks now.. Aside from going outside for a cig or running my mom to the grocery store... Which has made me relapse after quitting for id say 14 days.. Feeling caged up.. My tolerance is incredible for being 19 years old.. usually 80-120 mg's of opana would get me "There"

The ones who seemed to have "Balled" the hardest.. Fall the hardest..

I started at 17ish selling Orange things with 40's on it.. like an idiot.. Vowed to never try my "Stash" Then my friends decided to peer pressure me into it.. There was no turning back.. Opiates were my new best friend.

I had a 38,000$ car at 17.. Everything I could ever have wanted.. I was so blessed.. Had my life on the right track for the most part accept for being a hoodlum selling illegal thing because "It was the cool thing to do"

Now, I went from the glamorous teenage-hood to loosing everything, I don't even have a car.. My two LCD screens in my room may have just went up my nose..

Here I am, trying to recover.. Trying to get my life back together.

- Roush
Old 07-20-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there,

I bet you feel like the biggest idiot on the planet. I hope you can recover and put your story out to classes of young people. This will have to be part of your recovery. Gud luck
Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! I, too, lost everything to my addiction. I'm WAY older than you, and am living back home because of the financial damage I did during my addiction.

Recovery is possible, and SR has been a huge help in mine. At your age, I too had a lot of good things, but over 30 years, I threw away a nursing career, lost several cars, and put my family through emotional hell. I hope you are serious about this...I wouldn't wish what I've been through on my worst enemy. You can have a great life, but I promise you...you keep using and it's gonna get worse...way worse.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-20-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR
Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcomes..
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Roush

I think we all have things we regret from using whatever our DOC is, but like Impurrfect says, you can always turn things around - it's never too late

We also have a substance abuse forum you may be interested in reading
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D