Notices

anxious!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anxious!

Does anyone else feel that little things that don't usually bother you become big problems when you are anxious? I am starting a new job next week and am quite anxious! Have been eating a lot to make sure I don't drink! I feel like every time an event that I get anxious about happens I think im getting an injury, sick etc.. These are probably just little niggles but I think the pain is heightened by the anxiety?

Hope this makes sense!

Cairns
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yes, it makes sense and it is pretty 'normal' for one in early recovery. I worked for a 'Temporary Agency' my first 6 months sober and many times could be at 3 different jobs in one week. I found myself hitting 'extra' meetings the day or night before going to a 'new' place. Somehow, it helped, especially as I started seeing some familiar faces and they started saying 'hi' to me, and then actually 'talking' to me. And when they asked how I was doing they MEANT IT.

Go to some meetings, even if you just sit in the back and listen and look for the similarities not the differences. It will have a calming affect on you.

What have you got to lose by trying it?

Love and hugs,