Notices

Im new here, this is round 2 for me.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Jmcfee pour it all away, its poison, its not your friend at all.

Dont think on it, just do it.

Come back and let us know and then absorb all the support you need to make the next step forward, it will be here.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i poured it all out last night. its all gone.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Way to go Jmcfee, that is brilliant. I am so delighted to wake up in merry old England, log on and read that you poured it all away. Thank you - have made my day and its only 7am!

Keep checking in and keep up the good work!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

New & 2nd time trying

JmcFee,

Hello, I'm Sereniti, Welcome and nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about your divorce. This is my 4th time trying to stay sober. My other 3 times trying my longest period of sobriety was 3 months. However, as of now I am 320 days sober. It has been a difficult road to recovery. I have been clean from meth for
9-years, but alcohol destroyed and took me to rock bottom. I drank, for 5-years, everyday 24/7 at least 1/5 th or more of Wild Turkey (i know this usually not a woman's drink...Lol). At my lowest point which was last September, I was attempting suicide when I was interrupted by the police with their guns drawn on me. They handcuffed me and took me to the Hospital ER, where they put me on the psych ward lockdown for 2-weeks. My blood alcohol level was .331, with the help of the Psychiatrists/therapists & staff I was able to detox under their care getting me thru horrendous withdrawals. After I got out I went straight to a Outpatient Treatment Program for 5-months 5x a week. For me this was the only way I could get sober and stay sober in the beginning. I still have cravings to deal with but now I don't act on them, I let them pass.

Good luck to you and I know you can do it.
Sereniti
Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Sereniti, thats a pretty incredible story. Congrats on the progress!

The first time i stopped was after hitting rock bottom (not something i want to share details of right now), and i made it 25 months without a drop with the help and support of my wife. Last year she cheated on me with who i thought was a good friend of mine. This completely destroyed me and turned me back to alcohol. Its been a year since then, and im on my 3rd day sober, the longest I've gone without drinking since...
Old 07-20-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jmcfee View Post
i poured it all out last night. its all gone.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Found some more alcohol in the house, couple old bottle of wine my exwife left when she bailed last year. Promptly dumped them down the drain and tossed the bottles. I was never a wine drinker, but we all know anything will suffice when you're on a binge :-/
Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jmcfee View Post
Found some more alcohol in the house, couple old bottle of wine my exwife left when she bailed last year. Promptly dumped them down the drain and tossed the bottles. I was never a wine drinker, but we all know anything will suffice when you're on a binge :-/

good job dumping it out. i once drank cooking sherry at the end of a binge.

Insanity.

-SD
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

hmmm... didnt think to check the cupboard for cooking wine... I dont really cook but i'll see if there is anything else that needs to be dumped in there...