Notices

taking valium for the wrong reasons

Old 07-17-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

taking valium for the wrong reasons

We haven't been honest with you all a few months ago we where given Valium for our social anxiety week took them for a few weeks but was taken off them because we were becoming addicted to them.
last week our dr gave us a choice weather to have Valium or more of a medication that isn't additive we choices the Valium for the wrong reasons i have been taking them since we got them last week only once did i need them for going out during the day and that was to the dentist. the other times we have taking them at night just to take them to get some kind of buzz from them.
Am going back to my dr some time this week and asking for my current medication to be put up and not to be given Valium again.
We have thrown the rest of the Valium away and i know tonight is going to be hard and am unsure if am going to be able to go to sleep with out them.
Ella
Old 07-17-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

honey we just have one personality IRL. I feel that we only have one body IRL and our personality can only own that body. One to one. My kids are totally into internet gaming and maybe part of the reason they are and were is because mom was drinking all the time. I know that doesn't explain all the other kids who are gaming addicts. Im not saying you are.
You are in the prime age right now for addiction of any kind. It has come to the younger generation much faster than it did for my generation, the 60's and 70's.

Now young people are getting hooked younger and younger. Take it seriously. It is a life threatening issue.
Look into your local addiction treatment programs and be one of the winners who comes into the light. My AA sponsor is much younger than me: she got sober and clean very young. I wish I had.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're realised about the Valium and are taking steps to rectify that.
Good move DA

D
Old 07-17-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Eternally Grateful 4/25/08

Good plan to talk to your doctor as benzo withdrawal is very dangerous! Try to get in as soon as you can and if you start having dizziness, rapid heart rate, etc. (Things that can preclude a seizure) call a doctor ASAP or 911. Take care!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DA I would like to apologize for my flippant and uninformed response. I didn't know your history and well, my character defects are sometimes in full bloom. I hope you are feeling better!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Its ok little fish it dose seem usual for someone to post we
not a lot of people are aware of DID/MPD so its understandable .

We managed to get to sleep last night after a few hours ...normally we would settle after half an hour of taking the Valium.
We are going to go to an AA meeting tonight see if that helps kinda nervous about being around people and they dont know about the DID/MPD
because we haven't told them.

Alcohol wise we are wanting it more and more we dont think we can do this on our own at the moment need help.
Going to talk to my GP about this and the Valium as soon as we can get an appointment with her

We also feel like we need to self injure as well we never do anything major just superficial cuts mostly some times there are times when we need butterfly stitches but that is few and far between ... it also depends who is out at the time

We feel shakey at the moment as well but i think that is normal for anyone coming of drugs

Ella
Old 07-18-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you go to the meeting! You might be surprised to find people you can relate to because so many people in AA these days, and I am a relative newcomer, identify themselves with double issues. Lots of women introduce themselves as food addicts, then also self-abuse. One of my home group's newcomers has done a lot of cutting but she is not remorseful and wears short tops and that is so healthy.
We all network a lot and after a few weeks you will find that you meet people you can really relate to.
I also participate with non AA activities that are based on AA people seeking guidance and information with their spiritual and self development. It's really great.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on realizing the valium is not what you need. Many would have kept on with it. It's brave to go to meetings when you're not really sure what to expect. I hope you find alot of help and hope by attending.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Earth Child

We went to the AA meeting but we didnt talk there our friend who usually opens the meeting wasnt there but we got through it ok was very nervous about it though.
Going to try and go on Wednesday to another meeting its an open meeting so my husband can go with us

Ella
Old 07-18-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That sounds like a good idea, Ella. Please tell us how it goes on Wednesday.
I hope you're feeling less shakey than you were this morning.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That was a great move Ella: lots of times I don't say a peep. I just want to listen. And so many times, the good old timers have so much to say that I am comfortable just listening.
Hugs!