Notices

My first post..hi all

Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first post..hi all

I'm Anna, currently living in London. I am an aloholic, since many years but progressively so the last 4 years.
In two weeks i turn 35, many blessings has happened lately that i really want to hold on to and I really really want to believe i have a future again. I have been so sad and depressed and out of hope for so long.
My wish is to celebrate my birthday sober, more hopeful and prouder....I hope this community can give me some help and advice.
I have been reading so many stories of all you wonderful people, brave and enouraging. Thanks all for sharing, it means alot
I will let you know how i progess, god please help me

Anna x
Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Anna, you are in the right place. Much wisdom and support here!

-SD
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR ((Anna))! This site has been a huge help for me in my recovery (crack was my DOC and I'm also a codependent).

I would recommend that you talk to a dr. about quitting the drinking. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal, and it's always best to get medical advice. My dr. knows all about my addiction and has been very supportive.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-16-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to a better way of life...glad you are here. Have you considered going to AA as well?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God will help you. For many of us, willpower wasn't enough. Consider AA or whatever program of recovery you feel comfortable with.
Come here and reaad and post. Someone's always here for you.

Congratulations on realizing you have a problem. If you don't pick up that first drink, you can't get drunk.

Best to you.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Welcome
Old 07-16-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My drinking made me depressed too so I joined AA and it's been
an awesome adventure in learning how to live sober and enjoy it...

Welcome to our recovery community...
Old 07-16-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Welcome Anna!
Glad you found us, there are many supportive people here, and since there are folks from all over the world there's practically always someone online. I'm sure many can, like me, relate to the feelings of hopelessness, depression and sadness you described. And I think it's really great that you feel like there is hope for you again. Recovery is possible and you can have a happy life. Hang in there and keep reading and posting
Old 07-16-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

some great advice here laanisa
Welcome - and best wishes for your birthday and the year ahead

D
Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Anna

Old 07-16-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Anna

Welcome
Old 07-16-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Anna and welcome to our group.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Anna.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR
Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
instant

Hi Anna. In my experience it is worth the effort
Old 07-17-2011, 01:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!!!!

Its Sunday morning, a grey typical London day but its beautiful too me!!
I am feeling excited and happy about my decision, I am hoping to change my habits/addictions to healthy foods!
I know it will be hard, the daily need to go into the grey zone, to not feel and to find something to do with my time will be the hardest.
I really want to find my smile again, find my body, my looks, my health and energy, it must be worth it!

I will keep on posting and seek help and advice here, its really such a beatiful forum, thanks for helping

Anna xx
Old 07-17-2011, 01:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Hi Anna

I am just about 70 miles north of you straight up the A1. I am on Day 7 of sobriety, I cant believe it after 10 years on the pop and progressively worse the last 4. I am 41 and I would say I am a higly functioning alcoholic which has been a really hard facade to maintain, harder and harder as time as gone on.

I praise God, heaven and earth they day I found this site. The guys on here are amazing and so supportive because they are or have been right where we are. Everyone is along different bits of the route, but we are all on the same route. It's a marathon not a sprint, take your time, pace yourself, be kind to you and your body. It has been under siege, like mine for such a long time.

It helps me to think of my body now as an abused and wounded animal. I adore animals and having rescued many dogs, I wouldnt hurt a hair on their bodies, so why have I done this to myself? So now I think of me like one of my dogs, needed love, tlc and respect and care. I know I am capable of it and so are you. This may seem like a crazy analogy but it works for me.

Congratulations, you are in the right place and if you feel yourself heading for the fridge, head for the keyboard instead, there is always a friend who TOTALLY understands here.

It sounds like there are some lovely things happening in your life too right now, time to make them priority and kick the demon to the curb. Even after 7 days, my husband has noticed I have the brightness back in my eyes, my energy is up and life really is more real sober.

You can do it, we believe in you! Happy Sunday
Old 07-17-2011, 01:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Hi Anna

Dont forget to introduce yourself to the class of July, The Julians! Scroll down on the posts and you'll find us, its so supportive messaging with those who have started this journey at approx the same time as you, as we are all going through many of the same physiological and mental struggles at the same time and the advice is priceless
Old 07-17-2011, 01:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Top of the Mourning to you Sober Anna,from accross the Irish sea.
Stick with all of us winners...........Im so grateful to HP and 12 Step Programs for saving my life .I got sober and clean in my thirtys many years ago.
I needed Face to Face meetings to get over Drinking and Using obsessions.
I too did not know what I would do with all the time I would have on my hands.
Amazing......... Spare Time..........So much has been put in my way sense I gave up the Drink.....I got Married, set up home, I now have 3 growen children ,im still Married after 30 years, I have my own home,worked always ,except when I was sick from drink,
Im a respected member of the Human Race now.I will never have it totally solved,there will always be problems,but today I have Genuine friends that I can confide in.Good day.....and welcome to a sober life.............Miceal.