Notices

Day 1 and in class of July... Hello again!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 and in class of July... Hello again!

Hello everyone,

although I've been lurking the last days, I did not really post. Have been without a drink for 7 days (again, sigh) til yesterday. Been really depressed yesterday and eventually gave in. I honestly have to say that this last attempt was rather half-assed, so that was bound to happen. I've been feeling terrible earlier today waking up and even had a small hangover... Haven't had that in a while.

I made some notes during the hours I was drinking how the only thing I was thinking about was that it really did not feel good at all, and all I felt was guilt for giving in again. I hope I can fully realize that eventually.

Anyway, I have an appointment regarding out-patient therapy on Tuesday next week and I'll be heading to a NA meeting this weekend, and then on regular basis. I so hope I can keep that commitment. I'll make use of the forum again as well. It definitely helped me when I signed up here.

Talk to you guys soon.

Off to work now!
Old 07-15-2011, 03:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back aNewDawn

D
Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

good job on reaching out for help, newdawn, here and with treatment.

and good luck with your meeting this weekend - let folks here know how that goes, ok?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're back on the wagon, and posting again. Getting help, too, good for you!

I wish you continued sobriety.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

From July to September... Damn. Not making a new thread for this... So here we go:

Well... I've been on and off drinking again the last couple of weeks and I really did not want to come back here these days. I know I am only letting myself down, but parts of myself felt like I'd ridicule myself doing so. I kinda know it's not the case, that relapse is part of the disease, but I don't know... Well, whatever.

It's been "only this day, I'll stop tomorrow" again and again, lasted for a couple of days and repeat. I remembered how good I felt last year when I was sober for 8 months or something and I really want to get back there. So, I decided to make this deal with myself: Starting today, I'll quit. I am going to prepare myself as good as I can. Healthy food, tons of beverages, series and movies to watch and a list of meetings for the weekend. I need to keep myself entertained as boredom is one of the key points for me to drink. It's so hard to get that out of my system, I know it's possible though. I'll also use the forums again as it really seems to help me!

This is sorta like the last "try on my own". If I can't make it AGAIN, I decided to head to the doctor and get myself into the clinics for two weeks to detox again. I've done this in the past and that was when I was sober for months. Thing is that it comes with loads of issues, like I'd like need to find a new job (complicated story...) aftwards and so on. I'd rather not do it, but if it's my only option to a sober future... I guess it's the route I need to go.

Reading what I've written above: The outpatient thing is still in the works, but it comes with a lot of paperwork. That's something that should be get going sometime in October. I don't want and can't wait 'til then.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Trying on your own is fine - worked for me - but do think about what you can add to what you've been doing.

I had 20 years of trying again - never actually adding much to what I was doing - with inevitable results.

Keep trying...but do think about doing things different aNew

D
Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're here, aNewDawn.....
I made some notes during the hours I was drinking how the only thing I was thinking about was that it really did not feel good at all, and all I felt was guilt for giving in again. I hope I can fully realize that eventually.
I can relate.... I used to drink and read the posts here, and think about how it would be when I got sober. Sounds pretty crazy as I sit here writing that.

I like your plans. Just get through the next 24 hours sober and remind yourself that things will get better. You can do it.......
Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Relapse is not part of recovery, it's part of untreated alcoholism. Best Wishes on staying stopped. You can do it if you want to!