SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Having Faith in Recovery and Life (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/231662-having-faith-recovery-life.html)

EmeraldRose 07-13-2011 04:04 PM

Having Faith in Recovery and Life

Funny how things work...knowing I'm not in control of my life, I leave it to a higher power to introduce choices and ideas into my journey that influence my life and make it easy, worry-free to live day by day without headache or heartache.
Things go so much easier when you don't push your life to the edge...leave it to your higher power to take care of things...things do work out better that way. Patience.

Case in point/ I had my 90 day review at work. After the usual blah blah blah I wanted to make it known to my manager that although I was positive enough that I could have taken a supervisor position -I decided to back out and not to consider me.
The thought of being responsible for the comings/goings and breaks of 12 other employees has me thinking I can barely control my own thoughts muchless the thoughts and actions of a dozen other employees. I am currently living with no stress and would very much like to save this feeling.
With that said, I was offered another position within the store I will consider.

When you make a decision in your life I believe that allows other options to open up to you. I did not know the other job was available but it is a better suited job for my life right now. I still may not get it because of my seniority status but it is open.

Another case/ I am 166 days sober and still remain sponserless. Why? Because it wasn't time to jump in to grab one. I don't feel it's equivelant to bobbing for apples. I wanted one placed in my path...I waited...patiently.
This morning I dropped off AA money to one of the less active members (due to health) and she just out of the blue asked if I was ready for a sponser. We sat and talked about 1 1/2 hours and I think she's the one.

But another funny thing was that I have been debating whether or not I should buy a lawn mower because I can't afford to keep paying this kid that cuts my grass. One week he came after a 3 week stretch then he came two weeks in a row. Very inconsistant and it's hard to plan my monthly finances since I only get paid every two weeks.
Anyway...she just happened to have a Snapper 6.0 push mower sitting in her garage I can borrow until Fall. So now I gots me a sponser...and a mower!!

When we release the fears we have over life and trust our faith that things will work out we are inviting the strength of the higher power to open our closed minds and give us the opportunities we need to succeed. All we have to do is be patient and watch for them.

I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Anyone having reservations about your journey...reconsider...start today and release your fears and worry. Things happen when you do.

Have a happy sober day.

Bikeguy 07-13-2011 04:10 PM

Great stuff EmeraldRose, you are awesome!

Itchy 07-13-2011 04:42 PM

You are a great read rose. Thank you.

Anna 07-13-2011 04:57 PM

Yes, I agree that everything happens for a reason.

I think you did a great job of asking the Universe for what you needed and then being open to what came into your path.

Impurrfect 07-13-2011 05:04 PM

(((EmeraldRose))) - wow, just what I needed to read, today - thank you:)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

EmeraldRose 07-13-2011 06:06 PM

Your Welcome, Impurrfect. Funny how things work out, huh?

You're right Anna...I was just reading the other day about offering up desires. Thinking with intent. When we think about what we need often times the energy we release needs to be flexable to compromise. You can't make things happen -you can't change what's happening.

Just checked my horoscope page and this is what was written...this holds true for everyone.
"You can't have a positive outcome if you put in only negative energy. So today, make sure that everything you do is focused around the good things that you're trying to accomplish -- and not the bad things that you're trying to avoid."

Rusty Zipper 07-13-2011 06:21 PM

rosey

coincidences

just God, HP, or the Powers that Be being anonymous

Impurrfect 07-13-2011 06:46 PM

(((EmeraldRose))) - amazingly, not 30 minutes after I read this, I had an opportunity that will help my financial position, just a tad, drop into my lap. Not only that, I'll be taking some packages (dad is an expediter and I'm doing it for him) to a city by the ocean. The ocean is my version of "God's tranquilizer" as it totally relaxes me and clears my head. Been wanting to get to SOME ocean, for a long time, and tomorrow morning, I will be spending a little time on a beach:)

Gee, maybe I need to read your post every day!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Zencat 07-13-2011 07:07 PM

Good going in your recovery progress ER.

Even though I find recovery from the secular way, I still look for the common ground to relate to those of faith.

What struck me was the cause and effect (everything happens for a reason) world I live in. I cant always explain it but when the casual world reacts favorable to me I do appreciate it.

Its good to see a post that's not adversarial to my method of recovery, a welcome relief.

wellwisher 07-13-2011 07:23 PM

Thank you, EmeraldRose; I've found it often happens like that.

And I am extremely grateful for it, every single time!

Excellent post!

EmeraldRose 07-13-2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zencat (Post 3033907)
What struck me was the cause and effect (everything happens for a reason) world I live in. I cant always explain it but when the casual world reacts favorable to me I do appreciate it.

I think that's the way the world revolves if you recover in a secular way or not -cause and effect is there for the taking...everyone has the discipline to be patient...and watch what happens next. I love that about life. :c011:

24hrsAday 07-13-2011 08:13 PM

thanks for posting that ER.. it made my day! :You_Rock_

ulverston 07-14-2011 01:52 PM

i agree rose..
let go and let god...he never fails us.
my life is sooooo much better whe i practice step 3

UrbanCowgirl1 07-14-2011 02:01 PM

Thank You So much for this Rose. I really needed to hear this today. Even printed it out so I can keep re-reading it.

Thanks Again!! :tyou

johnjjb 07-14-2011 02:34 PM

Thank you for the great post. It was exactly what I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear it!