Notices

was a roller coaster today

Old 07-12-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

was a roller coaster today

Hi all I did come here to post on how i was feeling up and so down today.

I am on day 23, on that it is great i do feel pretty proud of it.

But today was nice started with usual so far that is a good breakfast the a great bike ride even though not as far, just to hot today.

Then i got home and remembered that i have to call my sponsor which i had just ask this guy yesterday and he said to call every day. Well i pretty much heard that from everyone else when the told about themself. so i was ready for it.

What i wasnt ready for was when i went to call i got all anxious mind started runnning like , i dont know this guy what do i say , i hate phones anyway, and stuff kinda like that.

then went to a aa meeting which i have done everynight, i am trying to do what they tell me and listen, so last week i made this meeting my home , so i went to make coffee and all in all felt good after usallly do.

a couple hours later all of a sudden i kinda us starting to feel sad and lonely,so i thought i would take a walk that usally helps not tonight kinda made me more depressed. So i came here to talk . i know my brain and everything needs time to figure out what even goin on ,so with that just needed to talk . Thank you for reading

Oh by the way i read on a post about HALT thing and boy that makes great sense . So thank those people about that cause tonight i was angry when i did get home then as i said i got lonely an all. So that helped me understand mayber a liittle better
Old 07-12-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you today, Dylan. It was a rough day here for me too. Hope you're feeling a little better after posting After the HALT post I went out and got some food... I was nearly starving LOL and I didn't even realize it until I started eating... I ate a huge burrito, then some ice-cream and a brownie... after that I was happy again. I honestly think I was so hungry it was making me anxious and angry.

How did the call go with your sponsor? I don't like talking on the phone either, especially with people I don't know well, and especially if it's about personal stuff. Well, at least you did it! And you went to your meeting! That's an accomplishment for the day.

You're doing great... hang in there
Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you two guys made it through a up and down difficult day...I hope tomorrows a better one

D
Old 07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Early sobriety was a roller coaster ride for me. I ended up making drastic changes in my thinking/behavior to allow sober living to set me free from that wild ride that life is.

Keep up with the good effort, it can get simple in an easy way eventually.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hope you feel better soon, Inda. (I hate talking over the phone, too!)

Sometimes just a small thing can trigger an emotion in me. Other times it feels like there's no apparent reason. The longer I stayed sober, though, the easier it was to accept my mood changes, knowing they weren't going to last forever. Life is just stressful, even when we're not in early sobriety.

Good for you for posting about it (and congrats on 23 days!).
Old 07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is what it was like early on for me too Inda.......so hang in there...the emotions come and go.....so remember that they do GO...given time.

Great that you came here, and tried all the other things to distract and take care of you and your sobriety. It does get easier.

Will catch you in chat.
:ghug3
Old 07-13-2011, 01:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thanks everyone made my spirits lift with kind words

You are all angels