Notices

I'm Back

Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Awesome! Good for you - just remember, eat good food and drink lots of water. The waves and devils will pass.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jooser View Post
Thanks for the encouragement Squishy. I just talked to my boss and he was very supportive and offered me any assistance that I might need. So, that makes me feel a little better.

Before I read this post I was thinking that it is great that you were honest with your boss. You can only control your thoughts and actions -not his. But admitting you have a problem is the hard part and I think my admitting it to yourself AND to your boss you are on the right track.
I am so glad to hear he is supportive...if he wasn't you'd have to still move on. You could not alter his opinion or thoughts to benefit your situation and sometimes a kick in the pants is what we need. But I'm glad...go in and talk to him and lay everything out on the table. Be honest. Being honest with him is the start of being honest with yourself.
I lost my job because I was stupid and they gave me no alternative or help. (Even though it was s'posed to be a commpassionate medical field.) They said come back in a year when you're sober. LOL Thanks for the support.

Take this time to get in touch with you. Not drinking is great BUT you need to do some work on yourself. Change is hard but on a daily basis it can be done. Really. I drank for 30 years and am 5 months sober this month. I do everything different. I read different things, I work at a diffferent place, I live a different way. I know that sounds like a collective group thought -when you break it down to changing every move you make and every thought you think I can be done. Take it one day at a time.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Make The Most of 2nd Chances

still going, day 5 now
Old 07-17-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Jooser

D