Notices

Now its about survial

Old 07-11-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now its about survial

Its no longer about the buzz. Its now about survial, I prayed all day today to get through the day. I ended up at walmart. I prayed the whole time to get there ok, I prayed to not hurt anyone on my way. The tremors were so bad. I couldnt breath. I am or shall I say was strong. It was so bad that I thought i was going to die in a minute. 10 hours of praying. Sweat around my eyes, body, I do not feel human or female anynore. My urine and stool abnormal. I tried a plan. said I am going to die the worst drunk death. Alcohol overdose.Noone can help me. Figure that.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm worried about you. Is there someone nearby you can call? If you have anything left to drink, please pour it down the drain right now.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think anyone is beyond hope lpn.

I remember vividly feeling less than human in my drinking days - my objectives for the day were to get up and to get alcohol...everything else - showering, clean clothes, food, whatever - all didn't matter.

If you're ill, or concerned about your health pls see a Dr....and be honest with them - they may know of things that can help.

Have you thought about adding to your support network?

Sometimes we need to cast a wider net and call in more help and more reinforcements to break the deadlock.

You can do this - I did it, and so have many others here.
Don't give up the fight - but please - do get some help

D
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
If she's having tremors, she shouldn't toss out the alcohol just yet. She may need proper detox. Can you see a doctor, or get to a low-cost detox place? If you tell us what city in Florida you are, perhaps someone here can look up a place for you to call, or the local AA number might be able to direct you somewhere.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
I'm worried about you. Is there someone nearby you can call? If you have anything left to drink, please pour it down the drain right now.
No and no
Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Recovery

I consider myself lucky to be alive and still in good health. My last withdrawal phase was alcohol and pills, I lost 15 lbs in 3 days, slithering and crying with snot running down my face across my tile floor. This was 5 months ago. Be strong. Whatever you put in your system make sure your body likes it. Take deep breaths, time heals, you CAN beat that little demon.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AVRT View Post
If she's having tremors, she shouldn't toss out the alcohol just yet. She may need proper detox. Can you see a doctor, or get to a low-cost detox place? If you tell us what city in Florida you are, perhaps someone here can look up a place for you to call, or the local AA number might be able to direct you somewhere.
I am the she. As the he lays in bed after begged for help 4 years ago, all it was is that I am going to die of drunking alcoholism. By the way, did I mention he is sleeping soundly and an our ago I begged him for help
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pls seek out some help tomorrow lpn.
You control your destiny here - not that bottle of vodka.

D
Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Im a drooling drunk. I want to take a shower but I have no strength. I didnt belive I would be alive this am. No help around. Alone. W
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am no one to advise as I stopped drinking just 4 days ago. After 11 years of half a liter of hard spirit Evey night... I was helpless too . It was so much of self pity for doing something really stupid under influence of alcohol... Had been trying to quit for few a years and tried everything except AA...Hated AA ( Sorry )

4 days back , after really feeling help less, I looked at setting Sun and cried for help.. Help to give me courage not to drink another drop of alochol.... Never realized that I was doing exactly same as AA steps.

It worked. My prayer was answered and went though the cravings... 4 days now. Working on AA steps with help of a kind member at SR..

Just pray ... Not necessary to any higher power or God.. Just pray to yourself.. to Some Good part of yourself .. It is always there to answer... You will get help within yourselves.

Newborn
Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

lpn,

I suggest you call 911. They will take you to the hospital and get you stabilized. From there, you can talk to some folks about your options. I would suggest detox followed by inpatient or intensive outpatient treatment, or simply going to AA. But first things first. Get the poison out of your system.

Seriously. Pick up the phone, call 911, tell them you are in crisis. This can stop now.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

May I suggest heading to an ER to get help? I think being alone and continue to drink you will only amplify your problems. If you get help you will immediately feel better -believe me.
It can be done...and when I opened myself to the help around me I felt immediate relief that I finally was able to come clean and get the right help I so desperately needed.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Man, I hear ya about your situation. It's brutal.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you did get some help lpnangel.

D
Old 07-12-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

We're all pulling for you LPAngel. Things sound so awful, but I imagine they look worse through the haze of alcohol. A couple of days sober and this will seem less awful.

Check back in. Are you okay?