Notices

29 days sober....

Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 29 days sober....

Hello everyone,

I came here months ago, desperate, lonely and feeling suicidal. Thank you to the support of this forum and two members especially who have been PM'ing me, yesterday, I left a 28 day, 12 step based treatment centre.

Whilst there, I read out my life story, completed steps 1,2 and 3. I will go right back to step one when I find a sponsor though, I know that.

Right now, I'm anxious about being out in the real world, away from the safe 24 hour support of a fabulous treatment centre but I am told that some healthy anxiety is normal.

I intend to keep in touch with my peer group I met in recovery. I'm also going to aim for 2-3 meetings a week, this will be more whilst I'm still off work.

I really can't start to describe my journey so far, I know this is the start of my new life. I have to take one day at a time and go easy on myself. I want this new life that recovery has to offer me, it just all feels a bit alien to me at the moment.

Thank you for everyone for their words of support and encouragement.

x
Old 07-09-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ttbp, you taking these steps is so wonderful, you are a special person and I look forward to being here to show encouragement and support my friend.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad things are going well for you ttbp

D
Old 07-09-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ring View Post
ttbp, you taking these steps is so wonderful, you are a special person and I look forward to being here to show encouragement and support my friend.
Thank you so much xxx