Notices

So I am not doing so good

Old 07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Alcoholism - not a moral issue

In MY HUMBLE opinion.

I believe I have a gene, or chemical, or both - that is activated by the taste of a single sip of alcohol (actually, even a whiff of alcohol), so that the P.O.C. (yep, you got it > the Phenomenon of Craving) is activated....and away I go to black-out/pass-out, as surely as the Sun rises in the west and sets in the East.

Comments?

...your Pastor can give you great advice, but perhaps you need a fellow alkie for the best advice on this Progressive and OH SO Fatal Disease.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sark, hang in there! Sometimes its like weathering a storm: there will be times of light rain and then times where you feel you will be washed away in a flash flood.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know many people that totally do it on their own - but some people can do it on their own with help like SR for sure....I'm one, and this site has been invaluable to me

But I know many others have found real life support makes things a whole lot easier too.

You obviously feel you need more than what you've been doing.

If you're wondering about face to face support, why not go and check out some of the options suggested here...at least then you'll be able to make an informed choice

I'm sorry for your loss, and your struggles since....but I do believe you can do this, Sark

D