Notices

Day 3, but EXHAUSTED!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, but EXHAUSTED!

Day 3 of sobriety, but debilitating panic attacks again last night! I have suffered (but have always drank as well) from panic attacks most of my adult life and had been taking Zoloft since I was 27 and then went off of my meds 2 years ago when when crazy time really hit (brilliant choice I realize!) and then the drinking escalated, affair started, etc. I seem to read a lot of posts where many others are suffering panic attacks as well during there recovery and I am wondering if these will subside soon now that I am alcohol free? I guess I am trying to determine the correlation between the attacks and alcohol? I got a new prescription for Zoloft, would like to be completely free if possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I can't function on this lack of sleep and the terrifying bedtime every night...thank you...
Old 07-07-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It got better for me the farther away from drinking I got. I had panic attacks daily towards the end of my drinking, well looking back I think daily withdrawal might be the better way to describe it. I'll be honest I still get one every now and then, they don't last long and I can usually ride them out pretty easily now. Try to get some rest, even if it's just lying in bed and if they don't even out some or start decreasing please go see your doctor. Great job on day 3, keep it going!