Notices

In need of advice and suggestions

Old 07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Maningup
Your list is simply the best. Mine was very similiar in the beginning and it is still the same today. It's the joy you will feel each day as you grow in recovery that will change and grow.
SH
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

One more thing-
Just because you have all those things going for you does not diminish your feelings of depression or worthlessness. A lot of people do not find or get help because others judge them with prejudice.
I hope for you lasting sobriety and good mental health.
SH
Old 07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Nice list! Here's mine for today:

10. I got about 3 dozen kisses from my 4 year old before she went to bed tonight
9. When I weeded my garden this afternoon I discovered a whole host of green and purple beans ready to pick (and ate them with dinner)
8. My dogs have finally stopped rolling in whatever dead thing they'd been rolling in every day and no longer smell quite so bad
7. My co-workers covered some key meetings for me today because I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning and worked from home
6. I have a good movie downstairs to finish watching again (Big Lebowski)
5. Bowl of Mud Season ice cream from Stewart's. Yum.
4. I didn't really think about drinking at all today. And it's like the 3rd day in a row that's happened!
3. I'm putting together a cool trip to South Africa with a charity I volunteer for
2. I found a good therapist (I hope, at least I liked her on the phone) and made my first appointment for tomorrow
1. I always find some nugget of wisdom or inspiration here on my nightly visits that keeps me on track

Have a pleasant and sober evening, all!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADaisyifyoudo View Post
Nice list! Here's mine for today:

10. I got about 3 dozen kisses from my 4 year old before she went to bed tonight
9. When I weeded my garden this afternoon I discovered a whole host of green and purple beans ready to pick (and ate them with dinner)
8. My dogs have finally stopped rolling in whatever dead thing they'd been rolling in every day and no longer smell quite so bad
7. My co-workers covered some key meetings for me today because I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning and worked from home
6. I have a good movie downstairs to finish watching again (Big Lebowski)
5. Bowl of Mud Season ice cream from Stewart's. Yum.
4. I didn't really think about drinking at all today. And it's like the 3rd day in a row that's happened!
3. I'm putting together a cool trip to South Africa with a charity I volunteer for
2. I found a good therapist (I hope, at least I liked her on the phone) and made my first appointment for tomorrow
1. I always find some nugget of wisdom or inspiration here on my nightly visits that keeps me on track

Have a pleasant and sober evening, all!
I love it!! I would love to hear more!! share people, please:day6
Old 07-08-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Feeling Amazing Today

Feeling Amazing Today! Rested