Notices

day 16!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 16!

Day 16 and I'm feeling great. I do have a very difficult time waking up in the morning, but I attribute it to two things: I have been staying up late often, which is usually just me trying to get stuff done around the house which i've neglected to do over the last while. I also started smoking cigarettes again, which if I remember (from the last time I smoked, years ago) makes it VERY difficult to wake up in the morning.

One thing at a time though. I cannot keep smoking forever, but I need to get over this drinking hump first.

Here are the benefits so far: I had time (and the where-with-all cognitively) to refinish my floors. This is something I've put off for 2 years. My dog and child have done a number of my floors. Now, they look amazing!

I have lost approx 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I really noticed it today in martial arts when i put my sparring head gear on, and the chin strap wasn't super tight. That neck fat is going away.

I've gotten so much done over the last two weeks, and love getting on the scale at night (when you're always heaviest) and realizing I weigh LESS than I did at my lightest 3 months ago.

I was a little sad tonight after martial arts when I realized I couldn't go home to some Cuervo, but the yearning was NOTHING compared to the first few days. I'm not a religious man (by any means), but the Devil is in the bottle, and he has been exercised from my body. I'm not letting that sucker back in.

Another 24 for me.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey--I'm on 16 days too and it has been very good. I have more time and money too! And I know that temptation to drink after a successful outing. I had a great ride (horseback) this evening and really would have liked a drink. But I managed to overcome that and now the desire is gone.

Yay to us.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just threw away all of my shot glasses. They were important to me, and some were very sentimental, like the one I bought at the airport where my ex-wife lives... or my favorite (since I live in Mormon country) the shot glass that said, "A shot a day keeps the missionaries away."

Regardless of the positive emotions they bring, they represent a part of me I want long gone.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

Keep it up! Sounds like you're on the right track.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, I might have kept the missionary shot glass. That is cute. Other things will keep them away too though...

BTW, I was raised Mormon, so I get it.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats...keep on keepin on!!