Notices

rehab jitters

Old 07-05-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

rehab jitters

by the end of the week i'll be in a rehab facility. the nerves are starting to set in. at first i was really excited. i still am but there's some fear attached as well. i'm hoping beyond hope that i can get it right this time. i feel like it's my last chance. i feel like if i don't get it right and put an end to this nightmare i'll have nothing but misery and death to look forward to. trying to make right all the wrongs i've left in my wake is not something looking forward to. at this point i can only pray for the forgiveness of my loved ones. they mean so much to me and all i've done is hurt them for so long. i can't believe they've stuck by me for as long as they have.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Best wishes on your rehab, how long will it be?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks! 28 days.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

JK, I didn't go to rehab, but I sure do remember feeling overwhelmed with trying to fix all the messes that I had made. Please know that you can get through this. It will take time and patience, but you can recover and live a good life.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My experience in rehab was life changing, I really wish it was available to more people.

You will make amazing friends that you will have a lifetime bond with like no other, you will learn more about yourself than just quitting drinking, you will have the removal from the real world to just focus on yourself and getting to the roots of everything.

You will come out so different in so many great ways.

Good luck!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A 28 day rehab will provide you with a lot of opportunity to change your life for the better. Make the most of it.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No doubt this will be of tremendous help - anyone would feel apprehensive. Good luck mate.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Eternally Grateful 4/25/08

I too had a great experience in rehab and have remained free of drugs for 3 years. You sound like you are ready for the madness to stop and it's wonderful that you've been given this opportunity! If you put your heart and soul in to this it can save your life and you will find happiness again, but it takes hard work on your part! Hit the ground running there, work your a** off and it's going to be an incredible experience for you. Good luck and lots of prayers!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I did go to rehab , but congrats on choosing to change your life and try to live.

Have good 28 days and look forward to hearing about your time there