Notices

Ribs vs Alcohol. RIBS WIN! :)

Old 07-04-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ribs vs Alcohol. RIBS WIN! :)

First sober 4th of July in awhile people. Feels good to just relax on this independence day. I have no plans to go out and watch the sparkles fly in the air tonight, but I did do a little BBQ for my mom and I today.

I think I cooked the best ribs I have ever cooked today! Sober ribs!

I boiled up the rack of ribs to tenderize the meat first. Then brushed them with my favorite BBQ sauce, and put them on the grill (coals of course) to crisp the outside. Last but not least, I drowned them in BBQ sauce again (wasnt shy), and put them in the oven for 15 more minutes to carmelize them.

Boy were they awesome!

And whats even more awesome is today I'm completely sober, and high on life!

I hope you all are having a great day!

-Ryan
Old 07-04-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Two thumbs up, friend. Love me some ribs, and being in Kansas City I've plenty of opportunities to have good ones.

But none as special as those you made today. Sweetness.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Sweet sounds awesome Ryan

It was my first sober 4th since I was probably 14 or so . I really enjoy it, although I told my father I would not attend his b-day bash ,that they throw each year. Always one of my favorites since I moved back from out west and can always attend.

But this year I am still way to green for all that , I am proud to say they totally understood and tried to make me feel good about it, but deep down I was feeling guilty ya know after all its my fault I became this alcoholic, but hopefully not a practicing one anymore alot of work ahead, but like you have said bring it on

and just in case you ever want or need cooking advice hit me up I have been in fine dinning for 23 years. Went to Culinary School out there in S.F. and also worked for M.Symon