Notices

starting week 4, huge challenge ahead

Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting week 4, huge challenge ahead

well 21 days sober today... hard to believe it's here.
the last week was actually quite easy and went by fast.
i haven't had any desire to drink (thoughts along the lines of: "it would be great to have a cold beer on this beautiful day" are very distant), mostly it is reflection on how i feel now vs. being drunk for 3 days straight... as i certainly would be in the past.
i watch other people drink and have no cravings or desires, i simply filter it out like watching someone drink water, could care less.

this week i am leaving on an important business trip with some colleagues and people are already planning where to eat and what to drink, and how it's going to be a big party. you'd think we are going to a beerfest...
my plan is to stay focused on my work and make rational decisions, and most importantly wake up without a debilitating hangover, which would prevent me from doing my job and having a good time.
the peer pressure will be great (i know that), but at this moment my desire to stay sober is greater. i've built up such a nice streak (possibly longest time sober in years) that it would be a real shame to break it. and my health is still in need of serious recovery. hopefully these things and affirmations will keep me strong.

overall it's been a blessing. i haven't felt this good (not euphoric or anything), just well, healthy and content in a long time. partially i am writing this as a reminder to myself that 30 days will be here sooner than i imagine, and i want to look back at them with a sober smile.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling good about your sobriety.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sobriety and reminding yourself of the healthy reasons of staying sober.