Notices

Class of July 2011

Old 07-18-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

good morning to all my july peeps!! 9 days for me today, still amazes me. i never really thought that i could ever do this, but i am

went to bed last night feeling blah & woke up the same way. i guess i am in still in mourning for my "friend" that gave me nothing but trouble.

i am leaving to get my kids on thursday for a long weekend. i am nervous about being gone. i feel safe at my house right now & i know there will be drinking around me when i am gone. i know i need to deal with it, but i still feel so new & vulnerable. i will just get through today for now & worry about this weekend, this weekend

take care everyone & have wonderful sober monday!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Day 15, stress free so far but I have a meeting at 3pm. Zen like coma mode initiated.

Might have overdosed on Toblerone though.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I did because...
IT WAS MY FIRST ENTIRELY SOBER WEEKEND IN YEARS! WOO HOO! YEAH! I couldn't have managed this self-control without the help of my extraordinary Class of Julians! Thank you so much for your 24/7 support!

Best wishes for continued sobriety this week, everybody. We're all here to support you and each other. Stay strong, keep reading, and keep posting.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Great work Cypress

WOOOOOO YIPPEEEE! MY FIRST WEEK OF SOBRIETY UNDER MY BELT!

I am sooooo happy. Day 8.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words, support and honesty.

HAPPY SOBER MONDAY JULIANS
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Englishrose70 View Post
Always someone on here to help, night and day I have found.
Wow, everybody....Day 1, Day 2, Day 5, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 15, three weeks, and more! We're doing it! We're doing it! Our collective strength is so impressive.

Pull up a comfy, overstuffed chair. Enjoy a cup of tea, cookies, and uplifting conversation. Open 24/7. All are welcome! Our own little "Cafe Julian."
Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

GREAT JOB, Cy & ER70 on your first week!! Nice to wake up on a Monday morning and actually remember the entire weekend, isn't it??

3TL - THREE WEEKS! Totally Rocks!

Kat - Welcome Home! Nothing wrong with chocolate in my book

ES - Probably have some neat places to run in Ireland?? I run too... helps start my day on a good foot - Ha... pun intended!!

Welcome Laanisa and DA -- Thanks for posting with us And congrats on making it through your first day Laanisa!

SV - Good for you on your choices this weekend

Ceneri - Bummer about the weekend - hope you stay with us... I've come to realize that drinking is never a good idea for me... fish or no fish...

Two weeks today... feeling pretty darn good. Have a therapy session tonight -- hopefully digging a little deeper to get the garbage out... cut down on some of this anxiety

Good to be alive and sober.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks, R4R, and congrats on your 2 weeks! You and VC are wonderful co-captain cheerleaders for our class!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Wow! You guys sound GOOD! Really good! That makes me very happy. People are hitting landmarks that they haven't seen in a long time, including myself...15 big ones today. I wouldn't have traded the weekend for anything as I accomplished a lot of things.

Gotta run, but want to say have a strong Monday my fellow Julians!

Talk to ya later.

VC
Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

What R4R said!
Im still here& planning to stay awhile. Did not drink yesterday. Not gonna drink today. Puts me at day 2 again.
I'm sure fish& many other foods are good w/o wine. I'll have to find out or put my foodie self on hold. Hubby, I, & friends are major foodies & wine is a big part of prep& serving. Not everyday, couple times a week, unless on vacation. It will be a big obstacle for me I now know. Not sure how to handle it yet. Ideas are welcome.
Hubby just thinks im abstaining for health/diet. He mentioned it makes him want to drink less& he has been (a very good thing). Im not ready to go into more than that with anyone in my real world yet. That's what you guys are for, thankfully.
I must admit, after my slip I hesitated coming back& being honest. No one would know
Correction, I knew. Point is im really glad I did. It made me motivated to continue and remain a part of this tremendous group. So, anyone out there hesitating, you are always welcome. Anything less than total honesty will only hold you back.
hope that doesn't sound like preaching.
its been hot, hot, hot here in the MW& gonna be all week. Stay cool if you're in the heat wave!
-peace
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

All right back again. Day 1 again for me! So far so good although it is only 10:30 I have to make it through the day without making some ridiculous excuse up to go out and buy wine. I have a schedule to follow once I get home. I've got the whole evening planned out in order to keep my mind off me now drinking.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good Morning July Class!

Day 12 here for me. I'm somewhere between feeling confidant and white knuckling this no drinking "thing". I have good hours and tough hours. It literally can change that quickly. But today I know I will not drink. The longer I go, the easier it will become. I cannot drink ever again.

I went to a arts and music festival this weekend and in the past would have had at least two beers at the beer garden (but wanting even more). That would just have got me started. I would have gone back to the house and started on my wine, hiding exactly how much wine I was drinking. For show it would be one glass, but it would be the never ending glass of wine. Boxed wine was good for that, or that sneaky little bottle hanging out in the back corner of the cabinet while the barely empty bottle sat on the counter for show. Ugh! I was sad I couldn't enjoy a nice cold beer while hanging out...the lemonade had to do but it really wasn't so bad. I need to ALWAYS remind myself that one cold beer or one nice glass of wine with dinner is never going to be enough for me.

Keep stringing those days together everyone, good job! For those of my fellow classmates who have tripped up a little bit, hang in there and just focus on today. I know that just staying busy busy busy is helping me a lot.

Have a great Monday everybody,
Star
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Actually VC, I got a lot done this weekend also... it amazes me how much one can get done when they aren't drinking it away - don't get that lethargic stage. I was tired, but a good tired

Ceneri - It's always better to 'fess up now rather than later I'm thankful also for SR... I'd be flailing around out there if all of you weren't here... Yeah, I hear you on the heat... wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't also calling for scattered storms all week -- means humidity will be up also
BTW, from what I've read through the years... it takes 28 days to form a habit - we're all learning new habits, we all need to be patient with ourselves and give ourselves some grace. We didn't get this way overnight, it takes some perseverance to break the old cycles we're used to and to learn new. Patience.

Hope your plan pans out, CE! You can do this!

SFR - Glad the weekend went well -- festivals and such are the hardest. I hear you though, I get bummed out too once in a while, but it ALWAYS passes.

I think the trick for me is to stop thinking about it and get my mind on something else. It all starts in the mind - I need to put a stop to it right there, before it goes any further.... pray, read a book, do something around the house that I've been putting off forever, get out and get some exercise (listening to some really cool music) - whatever it takes for now.

Ok, off of the soapbox
Old 07-18-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
Pull up a comfy, overstuffed chair. Enjoy a cup of tea, cookies, and uplifting conversation. Open 24/7. All are welcome! Our own little "Cafe Julian."
Cypress I love that analogy, Cafe Julian is well and truly open for business and boy do we mean business! Open 24/7 helpful and resourceful staff always on call
Old 07-18-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Cafe Julian, just popping my head round the door to see whose around today.

thekat - great work swerving the drinks trolley on the plane!

laanisa - Day 2 and feeling energised, thats brilliant news

3tl - 3 weeks way to go! Thats inspiring

Rae123 - 9 days fantastic, 8 for me, I'm on your tail buddy lol !

Elvis - Nowt wrong with OD'ing onf tolberone, I'm doing the same with Maltesers

R4R - Yes it is brilliant to wake up clear headed on a Monday morning - I cant remember the last time. Great work on 2 weeks, thanks for all the support you offer on here, a true Julian trail blazer

VC - fantastic on your 15 big ones as you put it and each day is a big one isnt it? Massive achievement every single sober day

Ceneri - so pleased you came back, took courage and to be so honest too. However, I think you know, as we have all realised, that the great thing about SR is there is no judgement, no finger wagging only 100% support and empathy. We are afterall in the same boat, just riding the waves at different times thats all. Well done for jumping back on board.

Cleareyes - having a plan to fill your time is definitely the way to go, works for me - you can do it!

Starfish - It s not a laughing matter but you made me chuckle, OH how I can relate to the never ending glass of wine, the hidden wine bottle and the one on the side for show! Hey and I thought my ploy was pretty original! Joking aside, it seems so ridiculous doesnt it? Day 12 superb going.

Well done everyone and as ever thank you from the bottom of my heart
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Englishrose70 View Post

Elvis - Nowt wrong with OD'ing onf tolberone, I'm doing the same with Maltesers
True! I'm thinking of buying a 4.5kg bar of Toblerone to use as a novelty baseball bat/makeshift snack to fend off/bewilder burglars.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ceneri View Post
I'm sure fish& many other foods are good w/o wine. I'll have to find out or put my foodie self on hold. Hubby, I, & friends are major foodies & wine is a big part of prep& serving.
Hi, Ceneri. I can relate completely about having wine with food. I love cooking with wine, too. Some of it goes into my recipes, but most of it goes into the chef (me!)

I'm glad you're back here with us! I've had so many Day 1's and I hated to admit to my cyber buddies here and on other threads that I failed, slipped, tripped, fell off a cliff, etc. when it came to giving into my booze urges. But, for me, it's all part of the path, the full experience, to faithful sobriety. And there's always someone here on SR to lift us back up and encourage us to start off again on the right track.

VC, 15 days, way to go!
CE, Day 1, best wishes to you to stay strong and keep on schedule!
Starfish, Day 12, awesome!

Going to Cafe Julian now to pour myself a hot cup of detox tea with lemon and honey.

Keep it up, everyone! We can do anything!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

3tl 3weeks is awesome! Congrats!
And congrats to everyone else rackin the days and weeks up.

Day 8 for me so feeling good about having a week sober and especially making it thru the weekend. I'm just jumping on here for a sec, cell phone battery low and I need my phone to last thru work and class tonight.

Have a great sober Monday everyone!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Zen like coma mode initiated.
lol..........

Hi peeps.............it is soooooooooooooooooooo hot here! My therm. says 102 on the front porch in the shade!!!!!

Wtg BF!

Food without wine is definitely different. I am actually starting to drink milk now! My body probably wonders who has possessed it!

Hey Ceneri, how bout some snobby water with lemon to drink? lol.........it will still feel a bit classy, just no booze? I have been buying some really strange liquids......just to break up the routine.......make it seem somewhat special.

I am going out of town the next two weekends and I am really glad I am not drinking. I would have had to PLAN really hard to sneak in my drinks. No token wine bottle on the counter to help!!! I am liberated from that and it feels good.

Well I am off to "our cafe".......we ought to really do that, meet in one of the chat rooms here...........just a thought.

Keep up the good work Julians!!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Great job, BF! Stay cool VC. I'm going to work out in the yard before the sun goes down. Kinda hot and sticky here, too. Got the air conditioner going on full blast. Now that I'm not drinking, I can use the extra money towards the electric bill.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Its an hour to midnight here so I'm almost at day 4!! I'm thrilled to be without drink these past few days. It struck me the other night that I want to drink when I'm lonely. I had been to the cinema and was going home alone when I thought how lovely some wine would be. Thankfully I didn't give in!

The kids are off school now and its fantastic not to be sneaking in the odd drink here and there without them noticing. I feel lighter, but irritable at times too. I'm trying to be easy on myself though!
Best wishes to all Julians