Notices

Stupid PAWS! Go away already!

Old 07-01-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well thanks for the warning guys. I'm at Day 12 (Yay) and really on a roll, especially after StPeteGrad connected PE to Alcohol, so life is pretty good over on this pink cloud.

But if I start PAW'ing it, at least I have the excuse of menopause. That's what I'll call it. Eighteen months...So Feb 2013 I'm in the clear. Right?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think I've got this going on too...terrible anxiety attacks, crazy mood swings, sleep problems, memory problems...it does suck! Looking forward to the day when I am passed this phase...but at least now I know what it is...

Hang in there, we can do this!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear some of you are feeling bad. I am on day 78 and for now I'm OK. I hope not to suffer that PAWS. Not everybody suffers PAWS.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murray4x5 View Post
Early in recovery it helped me to think of them as being bell curve shaped; slow to start...building in intensity...then fading away. I found that each PAWS episode got a little smaller, and they also got further apart as time went on.
That's good to know... and the way you describe yours, according to my book Staying Sober, sounds like you have the best kind: intermittent regenerative.

Ryan... keep us posted on your PAWS experience. This stuff is good to know! Glad you're getting so much good info from the veterans...

I'm scared of PAWS
Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Darklight View Post
But I like paws....

What cute paws you have, Darklight
Old 07-01-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thanks for the warning that I can onoly look foward to more detox feelings great lol!!

On day 12 and getting ready to go to a meeting I seem to go everyday, its definalty helping me.and so are your posts.

I in the same boat no money or insurance bro, its crazy hard to get any help medically, I think we were our own doctors for years , not good ones in the least hah.

I hope you get some sleep today or tonight

Peace, Dylan
Old 07-01-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Alright! I finally feel asleep. Whew! I was up 37 hours before I actually passed into that dream state.

When I was drinking I used to stay awake for that amount of time drunk. Now that I'm sober, being awake for that long just feels down right WEIRD. I actually found some meditation audio mp3s online, and they helped finally drift me off to sleep.

I woke up an hour ago and feel just fine. Took my multi-vitamin and am drinking a glass of juice

I notice these strange PAWS episodes happen randomly, but also happen when I don't eat healthy or not at all. Out of pure habit, sometimes I forget to eat meals in the day. I used to skip eating all the time when I was drinking. While I have been pretty good about eating meals now, sometimes there's days I just don't think about it. I also believe this triggers PAWS. But is just one of the many triggers.

So! Today I feel great. I'm fully rested again, and got through that one! I could say "I made it without drinking! woohoo!!". But that's not an issue for me. I can absolutely say I will not fight this battle with drinking. I'm here to stay sober! And if PAWS doesn't like it, well too bad! Because I'm not backing down you stupid PAWS! :camper: Give me your best shot! If PAWS and I were in a boxing match, you can bet on me because I'm a sure thing!

Anyways life good! I feel great today, and I'm winning this race!

Time to roll the windows down and turn up the radio! Kickin ass and taken names! RAWR!

-Ryan
Old 07-01-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

WTG Ryan... kick some PAWS a**
Old 07-01-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got some sleep Ryan and feeling better today. PAWS sucks, however being aware is a good thing, it does fade out and become less severe and frequent over time, and it can be managed. It is well worth waiting through that time, resisting the temptation to dull it. I had quite a few complications in my first year sober (PAWS and other disorders I have), I still say it was definitely worth the effort put in.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dark, Are those PAWS or CLAWS on that rodent? Lol
Old 07-02-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hell ya you prize fighter , I am broke but if I had cash my money on you brother

F### PAWS, keep feeling positive you keep me up with your posts

Peace, Dylan