Notices

Had a bad day

Old 06-30-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had a bad day

Today after a long day at work I socialized a bit with my coworkers who were well on their way to getting completely plastered, left without drinking a drop, took a 2 mile walk downtown to a meeting with a company who desperately wants to hire me, hit the train home for 90 minutes during which I finished all my emails, and came home to some leftover Chinese food in the fridge.

So, please someone tell me why I am sitting here crying? I mean, I had a co-worker kind of make me look like a dumbass in front of a client, I had to talk our general manager off a ledge about another client, and I would really have liked to have hung out with the team and thrown a few back before the long weekend. The train ride home was long and the Chinese food sucked but really, do I need to cry about it?

Everything is fine. I have a ton that I should be grateful for every damn second of my life. And I am sitting here crying.

I gotta go to bed.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh I'm sorry! . Are you feeling alone? Your post sounded lonely.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you had a rough day and you have every right to cry if you feel like it! Before you go to bed though, pick up a funny book, or even swing over to lolcats or another funny site for a quick laugh. Always cheers me up. Don't give up
Old 06-30-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looks like you did everything but spoil you. How about taking some time for you. Get some icecream chocolate always makes me feel better
Old 06-30-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADaisyifyoudo View Post
Today after a long day at work I socialized a bit with my coworkers who were well on their way to getting completely plastered, left without drinking a drop, took a 2 mile walk downtown to a meeting with a company who desperately wants to hire me, hit the train home for 90 minutes during which I finished all my emails, and came home to some leftover Chinese food in the fridge.

So, please someone tell me why I am sitting here crying? I mean, I had a co-worker kind of make me look like a dumbass in front of a client, I had to talk our general manager off a ledge about another client, and I would really have liked to have hung out with the team and thrown a few back before the long weekend. The train ride home was long and the Chinese food sucked but really, do I need to cry about it?

Everything is fine. I have a ton that I should be grateful for every damn second of my life. And I am sitting here crying.

I gotta go to bed.
Well, it sounds to me as if you were very secure in your sobriety in that particular situation. You proved to yourself you have self will and independance away from other influences.
Walking is a great stress reliever. When I walk I let my mind wander and think of a topic I need to change, or make better within myself.
You should be happy that that company wants to hire you. That leads me to believe you are a responsible hard working person.
Catching up on emails without interuptions is awesome. I hate when I'm in the middle of a thought and the phone rings.
It sounds to me as though all the good things piled up on you...it depends on how you view the things that happened -as positive or as negative. Looking from the outside in -it looks like you had a busy successful day and you should be proud of yourself.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

You're finally allowing yourself to feel! It's good and it won't last forever, I promise.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry things feel rough, but don't you think it's normal? It sounds like your life is at a really high point. Great. Be there.

And avoid leftover Chinese food. I've just discovered that that bottled pasta sauce that is six and seven dollars a bottle is excellent. You can probably get two meals for two or four meals for one out of a jar. Buy good pasta. Then you can make yourself something fresh and clean--and full of carbs. Carbs make me very happy! You.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I think it's just that you're not used to really 'feeling', and it takes some time to be comfortable with the emotions.

I try to remember that feelings and just feelings and they don't control me. Just feel the emotion and let it go.