Notices

oh the holidays

Old 06-30-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

oh the holidays

My fahers b-day is the 4th of July it used to be my favorite party

I am worried about going this year, it would be the first time around drinking and onlly been sober for 10days.

There is someone throwing a large AA party and I think thats where I should be.I am sure my dad understands but, I cant help feeling so guilty if I dont go . Hopefully I can just stop by on the way to the sober party.lol I never said that before "sober party" . Just laughing to my self.

Well everyone try to have a good sober weekend

Got to go time for a meeting I really could use one tonight.

Peace
Old 06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Protect yourself, first and foremost... then really plan for stressors if you do decide to visit. Good luck!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're making the right choice.

Good for you!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well I made my call today and said I would not be coming over to the party

I will miss it but this is far more important than one day where I always loved to party!!

My father and stepmom could not have been more supportive, I am vey blessed to have that some people definatly dont have that .

Well of to yet another meeting 6 out of 7 days. I was proud of my self for going alone again yesterday that is getting a little easier and less anxious, and I say a little but better than none. Plus I even read the preamble, and spoke after the lead. Firsts ,Firsts , I have a lot of those on the way if I just dont pick up!!!!!

Peace, Dylan
Old 07-02-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well day 12 and off to my first AA holiday party

A little nervous about not knowing anyone , but I just think back a little and I would have no problem going somewhere that I didnt know a soul if there was drinking I would just walk in and start.

I mean really I would walk in parties in my neighboorhood not knownig who's house or anything next thing you I am there till the end.

Peace, Dylan
Old 07-02-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

great decisions Dylan! Have an awesome time at the party. happy 4th = )
Old 07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well its 12:17 so the holiday is over.

I made it through sober yea I have to admit today though was the hardest day I have had in the two weeks. I did not want to go drink but I just for the life of me get rid of the feeling that I would like to I dont back and forth.

Although the best I felt is when I got to a meeting and for that hour and some I forgot the craving and talked and laughed, it was a good discussion meeting I am so glad I went into AA cause if I didn't I would have already picked up most likely...

Hopefullly I have a sponsor by this time next week I think I found who I will ask.And tomorrow I am comminting to a home so thats cool. and not being one religious person, but somewhat spirtual, I came to grips and found my high power and it is the group people and meetings for now. I can gain strength through that and let this journey keep comin.

I will be glad to wake up tomorrow and one be sober and also have this holiday pass, cause everywhere I went to walk today people were partying lawns beer pong , cornhole I almost just wanted to hide in the house But then I thought f that I enjoy walks and bike riding so push through and I will still feel better when its over.

Like I thank the group today for helping me stay sober for today and also thank all of you here at SR. specially(SoberJennie, Ryan, and Blackbird)