Notices

it's_been_a_few_days_worth_of_humility

Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Kjell
I recently went through a period of what I called irrational alcoholic behavior. It included irrational thinking and actions. I was trying to control the outcome of everything and protect everyone. It finally occurred to me that I was not trusting in God that things were going to be ok, just as they had been before. Things happen as they are suppose to happen. Take responsibilty for your part in life, thats the gift that awareness has given me.
I realized it's not just us that gets out of wack. Many people feel this in their lives too, but we are the lucky ones because we are aware of the devastion that denial can cause if we don't listen to what our souls are telling us.
Peace and hope. See you round the 2 year bend.
SH
Thanks Stanley. I think you're right and appreciate these words.

Maybe I'm trying to take control again, it sort of feels that way. I'm going to look into this.

Kjell~
Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's called early sobriety...i know lots of people at 2 years sober and none of them would post anything different, because they have changed the big difference is that they don't act out on their little old behaviours or addicitive thought patterns, myself included...if you hadn't done the work and changed you wouldn't have a clue what this is and would be looking for an answer in the wrong place instead of right inside yourself:-)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kjell, I am right there with you my brother! I am going through some major challenges right now, and sometimes- more often than I like or care to admit -i let it get to me. And then I get upset with myself for letting it get to me.

We have to let go of holding ourselves to a standard of perfection. It is not an overnight process but a life long continuous practice.

We are getting better. Remember that and don't be so hard on yourself.