Notices

Quitting Pop Again

Old 06-30-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Quitting Pop Again

I am trying to quit drinking Soda (diet mountain dew) I can feel myself drinking too much, I like the caffenne to make me stay up later and play video games. I can feel myself doing the same stuff with caffeenne that I did with booze. I think it is the right thing to give it a shot, because I want to live a long and healthy life. I am trying not to be too hard on myself because quitting drinking is hard enough haha. Anyway I am going through emotions such as fear.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's going to be hard at first weaning yourself off caffeine since your body is so used to it. For the flavor, try drinking ice water with slices of fruit in it - I like oranges. But remember that you're doing something good for yourself by quitting pop and that you can make it! It's going to be hard but don't give up!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I gave up pop when I quit drinking as it (diet pepsi) was my mix of choice, towards the end it just added color to the whiskey. I too closely associated the pop with alcohol so they both had to go. Try keeping water close by at all times it seemed to help me.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No-Calorie Gatorade works for me. However, I'm just as compulsive with that, or coffee, or Coke, or Diet Coke, or bottled H2O as I was with Beer. Always have to have a drink in my hand for some reason.

We alcoholics are compulsive.

Zube
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm on a Pepsi Max kick myself, a bad one. It's Pepsi's take on the new craze of zero calorie/sugar/fat etc etc soda. It doesn't have Zero caffeine though, I'll tell you that. In fact it has more than a typical soda. I drink the 16oz plastic bottles and each one has 92mg!! I've been drinking waaayyyyyyyy too much of it. I still drink enough water but I've been drinking 6 bottles a day of this crap. Zube is right, we are compulsive... we want what we want, when we want it, just exactly how we want it.. and dammit we won't hear otherwise!!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am going to drink Tea, it doesn't have the ZOOM effect on me tha Mountain Dew does. Thanks for the comments. My head was going crazy this morning.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you for trying to cut out the soft drinks. Just be easy on yourself I'm battling with diet drinks at the moment. But I do allow it, I just try to moderate. I'm newly sober again, so alcohol is just the priority for me.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I haven't taken a liking much for soda. It's too filling. Many moons ago I was addicted to JD and coke but ended up just drinking from the bottle -why waste the soda?
My drink of choice lately is SoBe Lifewater. They are yummy!
I think if you change your habit ei: water, iced tea, etc...you'll be fine.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

My big thing was Mtn Dew and vodka. I could carry that around anywhere with me and no one would be the wiser (or so I thought). I've had to quit drinking it and stick to stuff that I didn't use to mix my booze with. Good luck on quitting the "pop" (sorry, I'm from the South..."pop" just sounds funny to me).

--Fenris.