Notices

Not sure if I should be here but here we go.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Soberkelly

I was just like you! Except I started drinking a bit more heavy when I turned 21, which is the legal age where I live.

When I turned 22 I got an extreme DUI .23 bac, cost me 3,000. I slowed down a bit but didn't stop me..

Then just got another DUI when I was 26 .08 bac this one was my 2nd cost me 4,500. And that one was just on two drinks!!!

Also I had to spend 15 days in jail for a probation violation about 4 weeks ago. After all that crap I decided that drinking was causing me and my family too much grief so I quit when I went into jail on 6/3/11.

I'm over all that, I'm much better to be around when I'm sober and I tend not to get arrested either

Good luck with your journey

We're all here to support you

Last edited by Roosiedoll; 06-30-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What are you supposed to do if you're having a bad day? I'm itching to turn to alcohol like I usually would at the moment because I had a silly argument with my boyfriend. But he's gone to bed/turned phone off and left me feeling like crap and I just want to resolve it.. I don't want to sit here all night thinking about it and make myself feel worse so usually I'd turn to alcohol and get to the point where I black out.

I don't want to do that but I'm really close ha. Oh dear..
Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Stay here at SR instead, chat, post, read ..... pick up the phone, call a friend ..... go to an AA meeting ..... write a letter ..... it will pass.

Welcome to SR by the way. Glad you found us!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ETA

It will pass! Stay here is great advice. Or do some more research...

Drinking isn't going to help with your boyfriend. It could very well make things worse.

You can be stronger than the desire to drink!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
Stay here at SR instead, chat, post, read ..... pick up the phone, call a friend ..... go to an AA meeting ..... write a letter ..... it will pass.
Good suggestions.

to SR.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Kelly, the good thing about going to an AA meeting is that you can usually pick up a phone list or get some numbers of people to call when you're having a bad day and don't have anyone else to talk to. And I like all of PaperDolls suggestions, too.

--Fenris.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Ah Kelly drinking was my best friend also, but damn if my best friend was trying to kill me early it has taking me drinking everyday for 20 some years to almost die, i glad to hear your thinking about this stuff so early

Its crazy stuff I woke up in the ICU a couple months back, while I was serving time for dui , and I hardly remember but at one point in the cell I was smashing my head in the wall because I was hallucitating so bad I thought people were telling to kill myself. I have in my life eaten a lot of acid and never tipped like alcohol detox

Anyway they thought I had wet brain when I arrived, but after a couple days of detox I was released and went right back to the booze. till now.

I only tell you this because I would hate for you to every have such a bad expierance
(or anyone else).
Take care of yourself and welcome this place is great

Peace , Dylan

I need a miracle everyday!!!!! Greatful Dead
Old 07-02-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

erm, scared, but here

Hi there, just joined today - I KNOW i have a problem but make LOADS of excuses why today isnt the day that I stop drinking! I have a bottle of wine every night, last night I had almost 2 , made myself ill - I am a functioning alcoholic in that i have a good job, drive, own home etc but it runs me not the other way around.

I want today to be the day I stop but dont know how to because once 5pm comes I'll be off to the shop - any suggestions from you guys would be very much appreciated.

So glad I found you - not ready to own up in public yet about my problem

Originally Posted by davewilson33 View Post
soberkelly ur story is a lot like mine, drinking because of boredom and habit, im only on day 3 but feel alot better, i too like you love to drink but i now find its affecting my health and my bad moods are affecting my family, stick with it here and we can do this!!

p.s try some ginger ale and orange juice thats what im on
Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Since posting that message I have been reading other messages and got loads of advice - I guess there is no easy way or we wouldnt be here would be!!