Notices

Starting to get harder again....

Old 06-28-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

squishy, I think we may be the same person. I did fine yesterday, and today...

until...

I just went though hell the last hour of work here. Could not stop thinking about having a drink when I get home! It is my daily ritual that I managed to do without yesterday -- ONE DAY -- but today!!! What is going on, I was so proud of myself earlier....

But now... I have been at war within my head for an HOUR. I think I might be crazy.... literally telling my "thirsty side" that I do not need a drink. You can go TWO DAYS CAN'T YOU? You are PATHETIC. (this is all in my head)

And then I think about just having one when I get home......... then I slap myself again and remind myself that one drink for me is really like 4 shots in 30 minutes!!!!! (maybe even less time)

oh lord help me.

We can do this squishy. I plan on getting on the computer and coming here before leaving work. Before I leave work and go to my booze filled home (hubby still drinks) get some strength and support before getting in the car!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This thread is great. I have been struggling today too.. Its comforting to know I am not alone. Thanks for the great ideas
Old 06-28-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

WiggleIn - you can do this!!!! Do anything but have a drink. Think of all the reasons you don't want to have that drink - there are many.

Please keep posting and keep reading. Squishy, myself and every one else is on your side. Stay strong!

Be well.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

"Hello old friend"

Iv'e come to visit once again.

I live to see you suffer: physically, spiritual, and socially.
I want to make you restless so you can never relax.
I want you to be jumpy, nervious and anxious.
I want to make you agitated and irritable so everything; and everybody makes you uncomfortable.

I want you to be confused and depressed so you cant think clearly or positively.

I want you to hate everything, and everybody, including your self.
I want you to feel guily and remorsefull for the things you have done in the past that you'll never be able to let go.

I want to make you angry and hatefull toward the world for the way it is, and the way you are.

I want you to be decitfull and untrustworthy, and to manipulate and con as manny people for no reason at all.

I want you to wake up durring all hours of the night and scream for me.
You know you cant sleep without me. I'm even in your dreams...

I want to be the first thing you think of when you wakeup in the morning, and the last thing you touch before you go to sleep if you can.

I would rather kill you. But i'll be happy enough to put you back in the hospital, anmother insitution or jail. But you know, I'll stil be waiting for you when you get out.

I love to watch you go slowly insane.
I love to see all the physical damage that i'm causing you.
I cant help but sneer and chuckle when you shiver and shake... when you freeze and sweat at the same time. When you wake with the sheets soaking wet.

It's amuseing to watch.
Its amazing how much destruction i can do on your internal organs while at the same time i work on your brain, destroying it bit, by bit!

I deeply appreciate how much you have sacrificed for me; the countless jobs; all the fine friends that you deeply cared for and you gave up for me; and whats more, for the ones you turned against yourself because of you inexcusable actions.

For these, I am even more grateful. But especially for your loved ones, your family, the most important people in the world to you, you even threw them away for me.

I cannot express in words the gratitude i have for the loyalty and respect you have for me.

But do not despair, my friend, for on me you can always depend!

For after you have lost all these things, you still depend on me to take even more.

You can depend on me to keep you in a living hell; to keep your mind, body, and soul; for i will not be sastisfied until your dead!

So hello old friend, i'm the Rat... my name is "Addiction"

this is what we do battle with everyday...................!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting that Mariano... I REALLY needed to hear that
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wiggle I ran home so I could get online as fast as I could. Please hang tough with me! I passed 6 liquor stores on the way racing after reading your post. I feel the pain. My head hurts, I feel like crap, but please make it through. It cant take me back...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
SLD

My substitute is a refrigerated water with one of those crystal light drink mixes tossed in. Trick your hands into drinking something harmless that tastes good. Plain water is boring to me.

You can do this!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Tuesday, Squishy, Wiggle, dont give up.

From Spain, thousands of miles away, I can feel your struggles and sorrow, which makes me feel sad. I know it's hard, but in a few days you will be much better. It is worthwhile. I could never imagine how wonderful life is without alcohol and how quickly you recover. Each day I feel better. I've never been better in all my life.

I wish I could express myself better in English to say more, but my English is poor.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm back! And a little better. Laid out in the sun with my puppy and read for that first 30 minutes that usually gets me in trouble when I get home. I am not safe though, if I dare go near our kitchen that overwhelming feeling comes back... it's like my hand are detached sometimes. Pouring liquor down my throat without me even knowing or wanting it. Not today though. Not today.

Be strong squishy. I am, and you can too. Just say it to yourself. Say it out loud if you have to. But you have to mean it. Think of all the reasons why, and then affirm to yourself, that you will not give in.

...this is one messed up and twisted disease we have! And I would really dislike myself tomorrow if I realized I couldn't make it just 2 days, letting this demon take over again. NOT HAPPENING.

I will be in and out here on SR. I have a few projects around the house that need done, and my dog is expecting a sober walk later. I will be thinking of all of us struggling along - but I need to keep busy at the same time.

BTW - I just realized that reading a really good book helped so much to take my mind away from those evil thoughts
Old 06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Tuesday, Lushly, Buelah I know we are all in the same boat - keep going stick with this! I'm trying to make dinner and get through the craving. My husband just left for the gym after getting into a huge fight with an old friend and he's super upset. I just hope he comes home without any thing to drown his sorrows.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Squishy.. I can totally relate about driving my liquor stores. I passed a bunch today. I felt like I was on fire when I went by. I cant even describe the feeling.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I have a few projects around the house that need done, and my dog is expecting a sober walk later. I will be thinking of all of us struggling along - but I need to keep busy at the same time.

I just may go on a sober walk later too... I have not been on one of those in a long, long time. Thanks for the inspiration and support everyone
Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I was trying to quote what you were saying in your post Wiggle... just learning the technical aspects of the site
Old 06-28-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Focus on how we'll all feel in the morning when we wake up knowing we did not have a drink! Keep that strong in your mind. I have an A & W Rootbeer right now - best damn rootbeer I ever had. Stay strong all of you!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Mariano - wonderful English!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good news is that my hubby took the one car with the car seats so I'm stuck at home! WOOHOO by the time he returns I will be home free. I'm cooking up a storm so if you're hungry come on down! LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi squishy
I'm glad you're getting through it....

This kind of technique was useful for me when I was craving:
Overcoming Life's Obstacles: Urge Surfing to beat addictions and cravings

it is hard for a while...but remember that cravings are finite...and they needn't be acted upon..we do get through them

The more we make a new sober life we enjoy, and the more we deal with cravings and beat them, the easier it gets I think

Support is very important too - are you just using SR right now?

D
Old 06-28-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dee - yes this is all I have right now. Honestly I quit everything else cold turkey so I have a good feeling I can. Just with the craziness called my life, I have to rely on this site for now. Thank you for the link!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am baking squishy!! It is helping me get through
Old 06-28-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good night every one - best of luck for a sober night. I made it through Day 5. Looking forward to Day 6.