Notices

Binge

Old 06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Binge

So I am on a binge right now that I can't get off of.....I can't stand it....I can't stop it....I am going to have a heart attack and die if I don't stop....but I cant....please help.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're concerned about your health please see or call yr Dr or 911 if it's an emergency.

As far as support goes - have you tried AA, or something like SMART?
have you seen a counsellor?
thought about detox centres or inpatient or outpatient rehab?

have you got any support in real life - family members, friends?

Now is really the time to reach out Eclipse - you can turn this around

D
Old 06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

my very recent binge finished by me winding up in ER. that was a nice wake up call...

if you must, do the same. there were many binges before and i thought: "how am i ever going to get out of this one?"... somehow they ended.

... i feel that we only get so many chances in life, i can honestly say that at this point i may not get another one.

begging you to force yourself to stop, because you are the only person who can help. SR can be great (it's been very helpful for me, and still is)... but *you* must take the step in the right direction.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You must be exhausted ..up and down ..sober drinking.....same cycle going on for years.
welcome back...I'm still suggesting you get involved with your local AA.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Eclipse...I know when I was on a binge I couldn't stop either. It was like the more I drank the more I wanted and found myself just about guzzling out of the bottle.
But now I want to stay sober more than I want to drink because I had had enough, too.

We are lucky in the sense that we have this sight for such support. When I binged, I binged alone...I had no one to tell, no one to share, no one that understood why I was doing what I was doing. I didn't find this site until I was all done.
You are in good hands here but need to get to a doctor or treatment to be physically in good hands to get better.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back, Eclipse.

Please go to an ER if you are concerned about your health.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I too thought I could not stop drinking/drugging...until I did. Do everything you need to do so as to heal from your active drinking. Seek help ASAP
Old 06-22-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
So I am on a binge right now that I can't get off of.....I can't stand it....I can't stop it....I am going to have a heart attack and die if I don't stop....but I cant....please help.
if you have to.. go to the Emergency Room ASAP Eclipse! don't wait..
Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

F this. I am so done. I wish this wasn't my life. I can't take it anymore. I am going to bed and I pray tomorrow will be a different day.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope you can get a peaceful night of sleep and have a better day tomorrow. We will be hear to listen.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope this is a good morning message Eclipse. If it is, I'm guessing you don't feel too well. Take care of yourself and spend your day reading on SR.

Please stay strong.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Eclipse. Yours was one the first posts I responded to a couple of years ago when I first joined this site. I've been where you are, not wanting to drink, hating my life, periods of improvement followed by still worse relapse. I spent many years in that limbo before it got much, much worse.

I can assure there, there is a way out. I had to give up 'my way' of getting sober, and ask for help. I had to accept the help that was offered. AA's 12 Steps, as it's outlined in the BB, transformed my life. It's available to anyone willing to do it.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

When you wake up you are probably going to feel horrible and part of you will think that a couple of morning drinks will ease the hangover and stop the shakes.

They will, but it will start of another day of round the clock drinking. I suggest you get some medical help with your detox today.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
When you wake up you are probably going to feel horrible and part of you will think that a couple of morning drinks will ease the hangover and stop the shakes.

They will, but it will start of another day of round the clock drinking. I suggest you get some medical help with your detox today.
Oh, do I remember that well.

There is a better way, Eclipse. It's well passed time to stop the madness.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Eclipse. I hope you are ok. Please do whatever you can, just for today, to not pick up that first drink. And get medical help if you need to. It sounds like you've been here before- so you know yourself that it's possible. Hugs x
Old 06-23-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks. Feeling better today. I know this has to stop. I am going to work on it. Even when I am drinking I am telling myself that I am not enjoying, so why am I doing it? I just don't get it. The littlest things set me off anymore...reason to drink. I am not going to drink today, I am not going to drink today, I am not going to drink today.....
Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks. Feeling better today. I know this has to stop. I am going to work on it. Even when I am drinking I am telling myself that I am not enjoying, so why am I doing it? I just don't get it. The littlest things set me off anymore...reason to drink. I am not going to drink today, I am not going to drink today, I am not going to drink today.....
the Affliction is progressive Eclipse.. as you know. it is a Elevator that only goes down and it get's harder and harder to quit. i wish you the best..
Old 06-23-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

One minute at a time if need be, you can do it!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hi eclipse .
please go to the er.

i just ended a week binge that ended with two big bottles of vodka sending me almost insane..
the cops were called and came into my bedroom and pepper sprayed me .then took me away in an ambulance....they cuffed me behind my back ..and almost pot me in the psych ward.....i just got out of detox ,and am now left to pick up the wreckage of a weeks binge/all because i thought i was entitled to a few beers..

guess what ?
im not...
im lucky they didnt shoot me.
this is what alcohol does to an alcoholic......it is deadly