Notices

Class of July 2009

Old 07-21-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Class of July 2009

Ok my new sober date is 14th July!

If anyone else is starting out this month this is the place to be, or maybe it's a subtle way of getting my own thread...let's see;-)
Old 07-21-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

coool on your own thread
i'm in --sober date 7/5/09
Old 07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mine would be 7/17/09. Thanx for starting this thread.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DJ1

JUly 13th
Old 07-21-2009, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DJ1

I forgot the 09 bit
Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

excellent we have a july 09 team! well i don't want to be starting a new one for July 10 so let's all get the help we need and go for it:-)
Old 07-22-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Went to my first GA meeting tonight, they started 11 weeks ago in Gibraltar. I dragged my friend along and that made 5 of us in this little room. What an amazing meeting it was! My friend also got so much out of it! Everyone shared, it just amazes me in a great way how much resource and help is actually out there for addicts when you are actually ready to look for it.

It's so funny as well whether it be AA or GA to sit in a room full of people that would almost never cross paths other than in passing out in society to be sitting there with a common goal and so much support for each other.

I also realised, and am beginning to understand the more people and meetings i attend, just how lucky i am to be given the opportunity to make my life a happier and more fulfilling one. I never really believed the stats but i am absolutely certain now that the majority of people take alcohol/gambling/drug addiction to their grave.

Although this time round i feel that the amount of time actually has little meaning, more the quality...it is day 9 and i am a happy bunny making my dinner:-)
Old 07-22-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Me too: July 18th 09
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in with July 21st as my day one.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

July 10, 2009
Old 07-22-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What's a 'sober date' ?

Is that when you commit to end the intake?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
AmyLouise and Iamscared, welcome to SR. Wow, lot's of new people this week! Congrats to all of you on your sobriety dates, hope you stick around and become miracles of recovery.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

to all the july peoples!
i'm still hanging in - so far so good.
sending support to everyone
Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

July 11, 2009!!! Yea!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

sober date is the last time you took a drink:-)

Another beautiful morning, woke up at 6.30am...it's amazing after such a short time that i need so much less sleep and look so much better...it's great to wake up excited about the day instead of sitting on the edge of the bed head in hands shouting out whats wrong with me! It's hard to put your sobriety above all else, e.g. money, career etc but i think i might be beginning to get it...weird and great!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DJ1

yeahgr8 I could not agree more the last 2 days I've had the best restful sleep I have had in 11 years its only 11 days for me but I'm starting to realize what I've been missing all these years I'm exercising like crazy loving the simple things in life
I am going to stat AA meetings next week really looking forward to it something I've always been scared of just in case I meet people I know, but you know what who cares were all going to be there for the same reason !!
Now the booze fog is lifting I've started to look at a lot of things that I did in my life & realizing the reasons behind them if this continues I'm going to be one happy person for the first time in too many years to count
I only hope all our July members feel the same way here’s to keep counting those day

One Happy person at last reading these boards ahs helped me so mucha a
Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Went to a great AA meeting tonight, hung around after and went for coffee...and...wait for it actually asked about getting a sponsor! So am getting a lift to the meeeting up the road on Saturday and have my eye on a couple of fortunate candidates to be my sponsor lol

I went to see a counselor today who has helped a friend of mine stay sober, he goes to AA but doesnt do 12 steps which he should but in his own time i guess. She is cool as cucumber! More into the spiritual side of things and life, done the steps etc. Going to see my other counselor tomorrow who is cognitive therapy side of stuff, he is cool too!

Anyways am happy with the resources i have and its working for me which is great! The counselor said today the coffin is round the corner...really have started thinking about these little snippets now, do i really want the second part of my life to be as **** as the first because fundamentally that is the question!

Hope you all doing well:-)
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all for choosing sobriety! Welcome to the ride and use your seatbelts. It's not easy but it's worth it and it absolutely can be done.

You're welcome to stop by the Class of July 2008 and say hi.

We were the first month to start up a class thread so that makes you the first month of the second year. We're not so active anymore like we used to be since we're all getting old sitting in rocking chairs on the porch.

We have been at this for a little while now though and we've seen some things work for some people and some not work so good. Everyone is different but we help each other. If you have a question or whatever, fire away.

We're on part 7 now because once a thread gets up to a certain length they start up another part.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-14.html
Old 07-23-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

today is day 19
i'm not having the wonderful healthy feeling good that others are. i do have a health problem going on (acid reflux/gerd/possible gallbladder problem) but it is nice waking up sober. i'm working on getting myself healthy (another dr appt in aug/lab tests prior to). i've been having salad everyday at work and drinking 8cups of water a day. i'm trying out apple cider vinegar (suppose to be a cure for all kinds of things--i'm on day 3 and haven't noticed anything so far) i'm wondering if maybe my body is just detoxing and it's taking a while. my motivation for exercising is not doing too hot, yet. but i'm still hanging in. i don't want to have to start all over again.
congrats everyone!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Another great counselling session today with me CBT guy!

Had a great day been for coffees, swimming and sunbathed. Am getting into a little routine now, there are only 2 AA meetings a week and one GA but there is one tomorrow which a friend from AA is taking me to which will be cool. If they had one everyday i would go everyday cos i am having so much fun and getting so much from them in so many ways:-)

Feeling good, have had and continuing to have a lot of 'luck'...i am in a mess financially, jobless, staying at a friends flat but the only thing that scares me is going back to how i felt 2 weeks ago! Quite an opposite from living in a 3 story house, porsche, 80k a year job, savings and miserable as hell. Mind you it's not rocket science to work out the main contributing factor to why i am so happy...i'm sticking my hand up for help this time and there are a load of hands ready and willing to help you get off your addict ass out there if you ask:-) There is **** all help if you sit in your lounge by yourself trying to think yourself out of your own mess!

hope everyone is ok today!