Notices

Thought I was Alone

Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thought I was Alone

Wow ... here you are ... I will give you the straight truth -- listen carefully; if you're like me you knew there were others but really thought you were alone.Even though you are part of a community, it is a community that prefers to be anonymous. So, I won't waist your ******* time like a lot of these posts. THis is how it is: First - before you read any other ******** on here there is no trick to quitting. Second - there is not secret way to make junk you are craving, and finally there is no secret phonebook to find out who's dealing.

If you are still reading this you most likely have investigated those three points I addressed. So you know that there's not quick quit, no alternative, and no means to hook up now. Right now you might quit this and pass out, only to find your way back in a few days.

What to do? First, do you want to quit or can you just not afford it? Two very different situations. If you just can't afford it you are going to do some ****** things unless you can get it through your head that coke is great for a moment but terrible for anything longer than an event. As most of you know it will ruin every relationship, kill every natural sexual experience and reduce yourself to chasing something that happened a long time ago, will never occur again and cost you a respectable amount as well.

Quit. Right? Well it's not that easy it's not even close. I can tell you that besides professional treatment, most success stories include support people that are aware of the addiction. But, most of us keep it a secret as best we can. Even the closest people don't know or don't want to. So what now? Well, it's easy. Lose it all ... chase the white train while knowing you won't find that rabbit ever again. That high, that rush is gone. So, either do what I do and chase my tail. Continue to risk everything while knowing it's never gonna happen. Or find your anchor ... find that person, dream, or activity that will anchor you with only enough chain to let you do better than today. For me it was a her. For some it is a task. Find your Anchor. If you don't have that ... I don't know brother or sister, maybe meetings will help. This white devil may not kill you physically but it will destroy every aspect of your life and everyone around you.

Cheers and good luck
Old 06-23-2011, 12:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

SR has many members who are winning over various addictions and finding their way into a clean and sober life....

Please keep posting....Welcome ..
Old 06-23-2011, 01:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome rustypeg

I encourage you to read around and keep an open mind - we have a lot of members and a lot of methods in play.

I've learned a lot from this site - it's helped me change my life.
I hope we can help you too

D
Old 06-23-2011, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

The love juice ain't the love juice anymore. You gotta get off at the secret station. The train is gone, the cold wind blowing. I had it on a piece of paper here somewhere. You will find there is a crowd there waiting for you. You just gotta get there. They know you..........and are pleased to see you.