Notices

Feeling Hopeless

Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CeeFarro View Post
I really am grateful for all of the kind words and advice..I actually feel a twinge of hope for the first time in a long time..I am thinking about my alcoholism in a way that I haven't let myself before, possibly because I didn't want to really stop..But I do feel differently about it today and I am glad I found this forum..Baby steps..(I'm still scared sh*&tless)
you can do it.. Baby steps! oh, and wlcome to SR CeeFarro!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just reread what I posted yesterday and I can't believe how honest I was being..I haven't told anyone any of that stuff..I feel very grateful that something inside of me was able to do that..I have tears in my eyes right now and looking forward to day 2..
Old 06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

This place tends to bring that out in ppl, Cee
I'm glad your day one is down

D
Old 06-22-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adisa1101 View Post
i think thats a good start. i drank last night after months of staying sober. i know the depression and guilt that it brings. and somehow ive managed to make the same mistakes way more than twice. but i agree with you. i want to feel that i have worth. that i deserve good things. im learning that drinking will never bring me them. hang in there. youre in good company.
I too was sober for a long time but relatively recently started going to bars for lunch. I don't eat with anyone else at work, so have been sitting sort of anonymously alone in bars getting buzzed. Last week I went to an afternoon meeting drunk and made an ass out of myself. My boss was obviously disturbed by my behavior, and has mentioned it since, but stops shy of asking me if I was under the influence. Just is "everything is alright" etc. I f*cking hate myself right now. I have not drank during lunch for the last two days which is a start. If I don't stop I will get fired and have 2 kids. Yikes.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RegretfulDrunk View Post
I too was sober for a long time but relatively recently started going to bars for lunch. I don't eat with anyone else at work, so have been sitting sort of anonymously alone in bars getting buzzed. Last week I went to an afternoon meeting drunk and made an ass out of myself. My boss was obviously disturbed by my behavior, and has mentioned it since, but stops shy of asking me if I was under the influence. Just is "everything is alright" etc. I f*cking hate myself right now. I have not drank during lunch for the last two days which is a start. If I don't stop I will get fired and have 2 kids. Yikes.
I was so ashamed and alone I joined to be able to tell someone, anyone what I have been doing. My boss just asked me what my problem was in a meeting ( that I went to drunk), and kept saying I was acting weird. I think he just didn't want to say he thought I was drunk. I hope I can get my act together
Old 06-22-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know how you feel..I never "intend" to get out of control, but it almost always happens.Then the remorse and guilt come in. It is a horrible feeling. I feel like alcohol is stronger than I am, that there is no hope.. and making future plans is futile because I cannot trust myself..Several people have told me they are worried about me and I have just became defensive and retreated more..Today I feel the only hope that I have to be try and be as honest with myself and others about everything..I cannot lie to myself anymore and there is no way in hell that I can ever drink normally..believe me I have tried..
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CeeFarro View Post
I cannot lie to myself anymore and there is no way in hell that I can ever drink normally..believe me I have tried..

In many ways that was the most difficult issue I had admitting to myself.