Notices

Hi from 40Creek

Old 06-26-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

With the right knowledge and support, you can do it. Cold Turkey is hard... would you be willing to talk to your doctor? There are ways to ease the withdrawal.

What stood out from me from your OP was that your life is too stressful to quit. Please consider that your life is stressful in part because you're an alcoholic. I didn't really believe that until I quit and could put some good work into getting some new coping skills.

Welcome! Stick around!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well aparently I have had 206000 sober heart beats. I quit again only this time I have taken a week off to help me through the first few days.
I couldn't sleep though and even though it's a day off I am wide awake since 5 am this morning. Went for breaky and had bacon and eggs and iced tea. I never eat breakfast. Just coffee. Don't ask me why I never had coffee this morning. I am not quiting that too but just felt a need to change everythihng this morning.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to see you back here and trying again 40Creek

D
Old 07-15-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Way to go 40Creek! You are doing great, keep it up!
Old 07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

togh, wanna scream, nerves bad, need much distraction. still sober
Old 07-15-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hang in there 40creek, keep posting here and reading til it passes.
you can do it.

-SD
Old 07-15-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey 40creek,

I expect most people here will understand what you're going through. Do keep posting mate.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...
Yes.. when I de toxed from alcohol...I too had all sorts of distressing symtoms.....however by day 4...they had lifted...
Please do get medical assistance if things slide out of hand.

You could also check out your local AA meetings when you are at home... and yes...truckers do drop in the one I attend
whenever they are en' rote ..our parking lot is large and well lit...some sleep in their cabs there overnight.

I did have false starts before I found solid recovery...please don't give up on yourself.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi 40Creek, Do you have a smartphone... like an iPhone? If not, consider getting one. You can use it just like a computer. And it has GPS. Here is a link from AA I think that you could use to locate meetings in each state, and by zip code: Alcoholics Anonymous : Local Resources that provide A.A. Meeting Information

Get an iPhone

Oh... and I just looked... there are quite a few AA related iPhone applications you can download for free once you get a phone.

Last edited by Soberpotamus; 07-15-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Added info about iphone AA apps
Old 07-15-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey 40, I have to tell you, I feel your pain bigtime. But I also feel good knowing that I am not hurting myself or anybody else and that I don't hve to keep living a life where I have to keep apologizing to people for any number of idiotic behaviors. So I use that to keep me going. And also that I can get online without wondering what kind of stupidity I have started in the midst of some mindless blackout.

It's been 3 says for me so far and I'm ok. This forum has actually helped some so keep going man. You can do it.